“Absolutely Best Pet Friendly Hotel”

Drury Inn & Suites Greenville
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We were traveling on business but had some personal things to take care of in the area as well so we had to take our dog with us. This is absolutely the best hotel we have ever stayed in with our dog. We felt like we were at home and so did he. Most hotels put you in the smallest rooms that are either smoking rooms or just well worn rooms when traveling with your pet. Here we stayed in an oversized king room. It was extremely clean and beautifully decorated. We all felt like we were back in our own home. Also the staff was very friendly. Just the best overall experience we have ever had when traveling with our dog.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sharon L

Reviewed October 11, 2012

My family of four travels to Clemson University for football games 4 - 5 times a year and we usually stay in Anderson due to the proximity. However, our last stay at an Anderson hotel (Comfort Suites) left a bad taste as they tried to stick us with a 2-night minimum stay even though it was not stated in advance. That left us scrambling for another hotel and let me say, we could't have been happier with the Drury Inn!

We checked into the Drury after 10:00 pm and were immediately greeted by a cheerful front desk staff. Check-in was quick and efficient.

The room -WOW! We are selective about room-type as we have opposite gender kids (15 year old boy, 12 year old girl) who will not share a bed. I booked the Deluxe Queen suite, which had two queen beds in a close-off bedroom and a sofa-bed in the living room. Bedding for the fold-out is conveniently located in the closet (at the Comfort, we had to call up for it and then go downstairs to retrieve it!). The room, besides having enough comfortable bedding for us all, is very spacious. The bathroom is HUGE. There is also a separate dining area with a coffee maker, refrigerator, table and chairs. There was no tripping around in a tiny room - there was room to spread out. The queen beds were wonderfully comfortable. The pillows were hit-and-miss, but plentiful enough that we could pick and choose.

Breakfast the next morning was a step-up from your typical "free" breakfast. It included the usual (yogurt, bagels, waffle maker), as well as hot eggs, sausage, potatoes and oatmeal. Offerings were replenished frequently and tables were quickly cleaned to accommodate a full hotel (while we were checking in, we heard the folks next to us get the LAST room). Additionally, staff members came around to make sure we all had what we needed.

I will always try to book the Drury for our Clemson trips. The drive to Greenville is longer, but for the price and amenities, it is well worth it!

Room Tip: We were booked into room 700 which was at the end of the hall on the top floor. Interestingly, ther...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Stayed here in July 2012 for my family reunion. We were very pleased with our stay. The complimentary food that was available in the evenings was a nice touch, as well as the popcorn (my husband kept going back for more). Our rooms were comfortable. All in all, should we stay over in Greenville again, this would definately be our first choice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GinoandDanielle M
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Drury Inn & Suites in Greenville, SC is a great place to stay. The value is great, beautiful bathrooms, comfortable beds and a staff above none.
I've been here for 2 days and every staff member I've encountered have been very friendly and most helpful in restaurant choices and places to visit.
Every day around 5-7, there is a free food buffet and on check in, you are given a card for 2 free drinks during that time.
Breakfast is included in the price of the room as well.
I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: if you want total quiet during the day, stay away from the side that faces the highway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

After reading about Drury Inn on Trip Advisor, decided to give it a try. Unlike other motel/hotels, the lobby was very impressively decorated. The woman who checked me in was efficient and pleasant. Our room was spacious and spotless. Soon afterwards,a call came from the front desk asking if everything was satisfactory, etc. There were dispensers in the shower for bath gel, shampoo and conditioner. The air-conditioner was extremely quiet and the bed and small pillows were very comfortable. Plenty of nice, thick towels and the sheets were nice and soft.

That evening we went downstairs for our complimentary cocktails and dinner and were delighted to see the size of the dining room. There were lots of places to sit and enjoy your dinner. There were steamtables which held hot dogs, macaroni and cheese and fried chicken pieces. A nice salad was available and there was a young lady bartender who did a fine job. The manager came around and asked the guests how everything was, etc.

Breakfast the next morning was nothing short of spectacular. Homemade oatmeal with raisens and brown sugar was available to those who didn't wish the usual fare. Included were two waffle making machines, sausage and gravy, eggs, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit and DELICIOUS coffee! I must say that Drury Inn didn't miss a beat and we will definately seek them out when we travel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I always want to share my best and worst places I have stayed. This one is one of the best. I am staying at the DRURY INN IN GREENVILLE, SC. When I pulled up the man cleaning the windowsasked if he could help unload my car, what a shock. Ihave never been had this happen unless I was at a hotel with a bell hop. After checking in with the most friendly front desk clerks,they call after about 10 minutes in the room and ask if everything was ok. Every time I went to the car they greet me with my last name. At 5:30 PM they have hot dinner with drinks. They also have popcorn and soft drinks until 10:00pm and have hot breakfastin the mornings. Great Great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is very nice and right off I85. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The staff is very friendly. The evening Happy hour is nice and and breakfast is delicious. There are many dining and shopping options at this exit.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business