I spent two nights at Hampton Inn Riverplace in Greenville this past weekend for a family wedding. Everything about the hotel was top notch. The staff was helpful, the rooms were comfortable and immaculate, and the breakfast bar offered many options.
However, I am compelled to write concerning the lack of security within the guest rooms, when staying with children. My husband and I had a 24-month-old and a three-year-old with us. Both children were able to open the locked door to the room and get out into the hallway. The piece of hardware installed on the door frame, which rotates to allow the door to either open freely, or only open an inch or so, is mounted low enough for a three year old to reach it. In addition to the fact that very young children can leave the guest room at will, the elevator does not require a guest key card.
I have emailed the manager of this hotel concerning this hazard and feel confident changes will be made to ensure the safety of young children staying in the guest rooms. When I learn that this problem has been solved, I will change my review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel is located in the heart of downtown's historic Westend District. An unparalleled variety of guestrooms ranging from studio balcony suites overlooking Falls Park to signature circular suites essential for those special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown Hotel Greenville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Greenville - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Greenville
- Greenville Hampton Inn