Stayed here (2 couples) when we went to Greenville 3-24 through 3-26-2014 to experience the FIRST ANNUAL Greenville Small Plates Crawl at 24 participating restaurants in the area. Many were along N. Main and S. Main... or on side streets near Main in the historic downtown development area. The Hampton is in an ideal location for walking and exploring this eclectic area... many shops and restaurants of interest. The scenery along the river and footbridge across it are pleasant and relaxing... good place to take a few quiet moments to stroll, read or just relax. The Hampton is adjacent to an underground parking garage (very convenient) which costs $6 per day with an unlimited access pass charged to the room... or valet parking for $15/day is available as well.
The hotel is undergoing renovation during the daytime hours... it is nearing an end with well over half of the renovation completed. Rooms are CLEAN, quite comfy, & feel almost spacious. In addition to the tv & gaming system, rooms feature a microwave and small refrigerator. Beds are very comfortable. Based on the room I had, I'd guess that the suites are also very well appointed, even if NOT luxurious. After all this is a Hampton, not a Hilton. There was a small fitness room on the 2nd floor... weights, an elliptical, and 2 treadmills. New equipment and well kept.
We found the staff to be pleasant and helpful... responsive to our requests. The morning breakfast offerings were quite sufficient (several EVEN VERY TASTY) & attendantS kept the area clean and well stocked. Chafing dish offerings vary daily(eggs, sausage or bacon, hot biscuits), hot oatmeal, make-your-own waffles (2 good waffle makers), assorted breads & bagels/English muffins (excellent toaster), assorted pastries, cereals, several fruit selections, tomato & orange juices, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, assorted teas & hot chocolate, regular coffee, robust regular coffee, and decaf coffee. THIS COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST is well worth the effort to get up early enough to make a waffle (2 1/2 minutes) and enjoy!
Room service for the Hampton-Riverplace is provided by an adjacent Mediterranean restaurant... The Lazy Goat.
THANK GOODNESS South Carolina officials are not wacko like those in NC where (only a few mile up the interstate in Hendersonville) hotels with a complimentary breakfast MUST SERVE everything prepackaged in sterile tamperproof packages! AND heating the "hot breakfast" is ONLY by using much abused microwaves! YUCK! This RIDICULOUS "NC health" policy may have changed, but my stay there last year was sufficient to drive me to the nearest Cracker Barrel because the complimentary breakfast was not worthy of any compliments!
Overall convenience of this location downtown and amenities offered make this Hampton Inn an ideal choice in downtown Greenville... we will return again and AGAIN. Looking forward to the SECOND ANNUAL Greenville Small Plates Crawl, too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our boutique hotel is located in the heart of downtown's historic Westend District. An unparalleled variety of guestrooms ranging from studio balcony suites overlooking Falls Park to signature circular suites essential for those special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown Hotel Greenville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Greenville - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Greenville
- Greenville Hampton Inn