“Hampton Greenvill SC Downtown”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #3 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great place to stay. Rooms where comfortable and clean. The location of the hotel is on the river at Falls Park so senic walking to relax is steps away. As well as all the great places to eat on historical Main street just minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bruce A
hamptongsm, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Bruce A,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace for your recent trip to the area! We are happy to hear you enjoyed our centralized downtown location. Being in the heart of downtown, really makes it easy for our guests to take a nice stroll down the river walk and to enjoy the delicious restaurants. I am pleased to hear you were able to experience that as well!

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon! Please give us a call if we can assist you in making future reservations. Thanks for your review!

b.flowers@hospitalityamerica.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Room had a king bed, business desk that is worthless, desk chair that is not comfortable, corner chair that also is not comfortable. Typical room that only offers a bed - too expensive ($200/night) for just a bed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear John D,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace. I am sorry to hear your stay was not fully to your satisfaction. Thank you for mentioning the desk and corner chairs. We are always trying to improve our product and the service we provide to our guests. In doing so, we have recently updated all of our guest rooms with brand new desk and corner chairs, paint, carpet, etc. We hope the next time you are in the area you will be able to check out these brand new features!

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for your feedback!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

$300.00+ per night for a Hampton, come on. The fitness center is very small, no indoor pool, $6.00 for self parking in a garage. The staff have always acted like they were at a five star hotel, instead of a Hampton.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Bruce L

Dear Bruce L,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see how are doing from your perspective. With regards to rate, we have researched our market and are competitively priced with other downtown hotels. Thank you so much for complimenting our hotel staff! It is always our #1 goal to make sure each and every guest has enjoyable experience while with us.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I got married March 15th and stayed at this hotel that night. When we checked in the two gentelmen working The front desk were very friendly and helpful, even gave a call up to the room after we checked in to make sure everything was good. Every time we passed the front desk there was always someone there asking how our stay was and if we needed anything at all!
We went out downtown and came back after they had left for the night, the man working The over night shift was just as friendly and helpful, and kind!
Breakfast was amazing as well! A huge selection of pastries and hot breakfast!
The hotel itself has to be one of the best Hamptons I have stayed at! From the modern decor in the lobby, to the beautiful downtown view from our 6th floor room! Everything about our stay was perfect, thank you to all the staff for making our weekend there great!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ctwinsrus

Dear ctwinsrus,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace and congratulations on your marriage! We are so delighted to hear you had a perfect stay and thank you for complimenting our staff. We have a wonderful staff who truly strive to make sure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience. Thank you for mentioning our lovely modern rooms and delicious breakfast buffet!

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever assist you in the future.

b.flowers@hospitalityamer

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I always try to use Hamptons, or a Hilton property, because the beds are so comfortable and the rooms are always clean and neat. Service here was exceptional. They have a shuttle that takes you into town, so you do not have to worry about parking. They have a bar, if ou want a night cap and the breakfast is done nicely.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Enanick
hamptongsm, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Enanick,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and your time in Greenville. Our #1 goal is to ensure every guest has an exceptional experience while with us! We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance in the future.

Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed March 8, 2014

This hotel is great in every way. I wish more hotels I stay at 20 nights out of each month for business would be take note of all they do right at this hotel. Thanks for a great stay! Great location, staff and rooms. Can be crowded for breakfast but staff tries their best to make everyone comfortable in a confined space.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CLF2011
hamptongsm, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear CLF2011,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites RiverPlace-Greenville Downtown! We greatly appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our location, rooms and staff! We have a phenomenal team who genuinely enjoy taking great care of our guests, and I am always happy to pass along generous compliments such as these.

We can't wait to have you back with us again soon! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I enjoyed this hotel. The room was excellent; stylish decor, comfortable beds and bedding, a nice size, lovely view, great breakfast. I was especially impressed with the bathroom. I loved all of the hooks and space to spread out toiletries. The sink and vanity were so much nicer than what I usually see in hotel bathrooms.

The location was nice along the Riverwalk, and although it's not a long walk, it's not on the main downtown drag. When walking back late at night from conference activities on Main Street, I felt a bit isolated and didn't feel comfortable making the walk alone. If I were staying on Main Street that wouldn't have been an issue. It was perfectly fine during the day.

I would give this hotel 5 stars were it not for the price. At nearly $250 plus taxes, I felt that was way too high of a price for the brand and location. If I were not paying with a corporate card, I would not have selected this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dpladyreed

Dear dpladyreed,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton & Suites RiverPlace-Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area! We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy day to share your experience with others. I am happy to read you enjoyed the spacious bathroom, views, room decor and our super comfy beds! Thank you for your feedback regarding rates. We have researched our market and are competitively priced with other downtown hotels.

We hope to serve you again the future should your travels return to the Greenville area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist you in making future reservations. Thanks again for your review!