“Nicer than your avg Hampton Inn but don't expect to work out with your family”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is a very nice Hampton Inn property, located right by the riverwalk area in downtown Greenville. My room was very large, with standard Hampton Inn furniture and linens. Front desk staff were pleasant, and helpful regarding directions. While the location was great, the fitness center just barely qualifies to go by that name, contained only a single functional treadmill for which the heart rate monitor was non-functional, and one elliptical machine. TV remote was missing in hte fitness center, and the room itself was tiny. Could not work out in the evening as the two machines were not free, did get my time in during the midmorning.

Room Tip: Room 222 has a diagonal view of the fountains/waterfalls along the edge of the river.
1  Thank clb7d
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear clb7d,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our spacious rooms and we appreciate your comments to our staff. Thank you for your feedback regarding our fitness center and I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you. We have addressed these issues with our maintenance department. Just for your reference the next time you stay with us, we have a great partnership with the nearby Kroc Center and the YMCA, where our guests are more than welcome to use their facilities at no charge!

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for your review!

b.flowers@hospitalityamerica.com

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace

Reviewed July 22, 2013

For the nightly amount at this hotel, I do not think that this hotel is worth it. Normal Hampton Inn. They charged me more for my room than the rate I had booked online and the carpets were sticky. I had to wear socks the whole time. Rooms are not exceptional either- plain. It is a central location for downtown but there are other options.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear Kathryn W,

Thank you for writing a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown. I wanted to apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. I've addressed the issue with the carpet to our housekeeping department to ensure this doesn't get overlooked in the future. I've also looked into the charges on your final receipt and I will be more than happy to go over this with you, so please feel free to contact me directly.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Excellent, friendly service at every level. The hotel was quiet, even though located in a busy downtown area--even the elevators were quiet. Breakfast presented a variety of options and the service was personal and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank marlyn_carroll

Dear Marlyn_Carroll,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! Thank you for your compliments to our hotel staff. As a team, it is always our #1 goal to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hampton is a good hotel for people to stay. it is clean, especially for the breakfast, it is very well. I like it. all the people here are so polite and you will feel that you are at home. If you come to this city, I recommend you to choose Hampton, you will find that you have made a right decision.

1  Thank Jinren S

Dear JinrenS,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace for your recent trip to the Greenville area! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments to our staff. Our breakfast buffet is delicious with lots of variety of items, including fresh fruit every morning.

We hope to have you back with us again soon should your travels return to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever assist you in making future reservations.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The overall experience was terrible. I called to the front desk twice to ask for towels and wash clothes (we only got two of each), and also for a non-feather pillow since my girlfriend is allergic to feather pillows and that was all that was on the bed. Each time I was told they were full and could do nothing. I did not bother to report the awful AC unit that could not keep the room cool and made so much noise it woke us both up throughout the night because of my first two calls.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JimA,

Thank you for writing a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown. I am sorry to hear your stay at our property was not an enjoyable one. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see how we are doing from the perspective of our guests and thank you for bringing the problems you experienced to my attention. I can assure your we've addressed these issues departmentally to ensure we are always exercising improved diligence when it comes to these matters.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you return to the Greenville area. If I can ever be of assistance please contact me directly. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

From top to bottom, outstanding staff. Best location. Park and walk - Drives games, restaurants, shopping, and, local weeknight events. Great for all - newlyweds, families, retired, single, etc. This is absolutely our favorate hotel. One flushing problem we had was resolved within minutes. Room was spacious and housekeeping never missed a beat. Looking forward to a return visit. Our New England friends have also visited and loved it. Pricier than the hotels along the highway, but worth it for those who would like something that offers more than chain business.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret E
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Margaret E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our centralized location. Our guests really love the convenience of parking their vehicle and walking pretty much anywhere they want to go in downtown. Thank you for also mentioning our wonderful hotel staff!

We look forward to serving you again in the future! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for you review!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Easily one of the best Hampton's I've ever enjoyed. The staff were all very helpful and nice, the room was immaculate - we were even upgraded to a balcony room!

The hotel overlooks the river that runs through Greenville (although "river" is a little generous - it's only about 25 feet wide). The hotel has a rock waterfall on the sidewalk by the river, and the kids at the hotel had a ball playing in the fountain. The attached restaurant has patio seating where you can watch the festivities while enjoying your meal.

The initial load in was somewhat confusing, however. The front "courtyard" (between the two buildings) is where you temporarily park when checking in, and then you proceed down the ramp to the parking area. My wife and I were unsure exactly what to do, and there were no signs "Checkin Parking Here" posted like you normally see in a hotel.

Breakfast was very good, a very nice assortment of foods and drinks.

It was a little pricey (around $160 for the night), but all in all a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony, and away from the courtyard. You'll be able to see the top of the wa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scottmcd9999

Dear scottmcd9999,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience while with us and thank you for your comments to our staff. We hope to have you back with us again soon should you return to the area. If I can ever assist you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again for your review!