Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hampton is a good hotel for people to stay. it is clean, especially for the breakfast, it is very well. I like it. all the people here are so polite and you will feel that you are at home. If you come to this city, I recommend you to choose Hampton, you will find that you have made a right decision.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jinren S
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Dear JinrenS,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace for your recent trip to the Greenville area! We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments to our staff. Our breakfast buffet is delicious with lots of variety of items, including fresh fruit every morning.

We hope to have you back with us again soon should your travels return to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever assist you in making future reservations.

b.flowers@hospitalityamerica.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The overall experience was terrible. I called to the front desk twice to ask for towels and wash clothes (we only got two of each), and also for a non-feather pillow since my girlfriend is allergic to feather pillows and that was all that was on the bed. Each time I was told they were full and could do nothing. I did not bother to report the awful AC unit that could not keep the room cool and made so much noise it woke us both up throughout the night because of my first two calls.

1  Thank PackFanJA

Dear JimA,

Thank you for writing a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown. I am sorry to hear your stay at our property was not an enjoyable one. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to see how we are doing from the perspective of our guests and thank you for bringing the problems you experienced to my attention. I can assure your we've addressed these issues departmentally to ensure we are always exercising improved diligence when it comes to these matters.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you should you return to the Greenville area. If I can ever be of assistance please contact me directly. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

From top to bottom, outstanding staff. Best location. Park and walk - Drives games, restaurants, shopping, and, local weeknight events. Great for all - newlyweds, families, retired, single, etc. This is absolutely our favorate hotel. One flushing problem we had was resolved within minutes. Room was spacious and housekeeping never missed a beat. Looking forward to a return visit. Our New England friends have also visited and loved it. Pricier than the hotels along the highway, but worth it for those who would like something that offers more than chain business.

1  Thank Margaret E
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Margaret E,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed our centralized location. Our guests really love the convenience of parking their vehicle and walking pretty much anywhere they want to go in downtown. Thank you for also mentioning our wonderful hotel staff!

We look forward to serving you again in the future! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Thanks again for you review!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Easily one of the best Hampton's I've ever enjoyed. The staff were all very helpful and nice, the room was immaculate - we were even upgraded to a balcony room!

The hotel overlooks the river that runs through Greenville (although "river" is a little generous - it's only about 25 feet wide). The hotel has a rock waterfall on the sidewalk by the river, and the kids at the hotel had a ball playing in the fountain. The attached restaurant has patio seating where you can watch the festivities while enjoying your meal.

The initial load in was somewhat confusing, however. The front "courtyard" (between the two buildings) is where you temporarily park when checking in, and then you proceed down the ramp to the parking area. My wife and I were unsure exactly what to do, and there were no signs "Checkin Parking Here" posted like you normally see in a hotel.

Breakfast was very good, a very nice assortment of foods and drinks.

It was a little pricey (around $160 for the night), but all in all a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a balcony, and away from the courtyard. You'll be able to see the top of the wa...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank scottmcd9999

Dear scottmcd9999,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! We are pleased to hear you had an enjoyable experience while with us and thank you for your comments to our staff. We hope to have you back with us again soon should you return to the area. If I can ever assist you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Thank you Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville-Downtown-RiverPlace for all that you did for us and our friends and family our wedding weekend! I personally worked with Shelby Dodgens during my planning process. She is absolutely the best!!! Everyone talked about how great their stay was and how amazing the location was to everything with the wedding and downtown. They were super easy to work with throughout the planning process with setting up our hotel block and keeping you in the loop on how your block was doing. We even reserved a bigger room for the bridal party to get ready in the wedding day and it worked out great to have all the bridesmaids there with me while getting ready. Great idea for wedding day!!! Brides to be...definitely use them for your wedding weekend!!! They go above and beyond. :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cameron K
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear CameronK,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown and congratulations on your recent marriage! We are so delighted to hear Shelby and the rest our team made sure everything went smooth during the planning process for your wedding block and that you and your guests had an enjoyable time with us.

Again, thank you for taking the time share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've stayed at many hampton inns before, but this one is by far the best. Now I know why this hotel in ranked #1 in Greenville! The front desk staff are extremely nice, and the lobby is beautiful. The rooms are very spacious and well kept. Also, being right at the Falls Park makes for a nice, late night walk. I can't wait to return to this amazing property!

1  Thank bburton00

Dear bburton00,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown! We work very hard to maintain a high level of customer service and we appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge our staff. As a team, it is always our number one goal to make sure each and every guest has an exceptional stay while with us.

We can't wait to have you back with us should your return to the Greenville area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance. Again, thank you for your sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel is one of the few with a view on the river, and really in a great spot in relation to the rest of the town. It is the only hotel in town that has secure parking, this is an issue, as all the other downtown hotels use public parking. Unfortunately I have had gas stolen out of my car on previous experiences.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Rene V

Dear Rene V,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace-Greenville Downtown for your recent trip to the area. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in one of our riverfront rooms. You are correct, we are on the only hotel that have specific rooms that overlook the beautiful Reedy River!

We hope you will consider us for any of your lodging needs should you return to the Greenville area. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever assist you in the future.