“Clean, Great location, Great breakfast”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Bluffton, United States
“Clean, Great location, Great breakfast”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is located in the heart of downtown Greenville. It is a quick walk to great shopping, dining, Falls Park, and the Peace Center. If you like to run or walk, it is located on the Swamp Rabbit Trail.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Kimberly W,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our location is great for guests who want easy access to the Swamp Rabbit Trail, we are just steps away.

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip should you return to the Greenville area. If I can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thanks again for your feedback!

Brett Flowers
hamptoninnandsuitesgreenville.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I just stayed at the Hampton Inn during the wine and jazz fest and was pleasantly surprised. This hotel is in the perfect location in downtown Greenville overlooking the Reedy River, the TD Amphitheater, and the Peace Center. My room was a king suite with balcony riverfront and I received Hilton points for my stay. The room was impeccably clean and included refrigerator, microwave, which many hotels no longer provide, dry bar, and sitting area. Check-in was seamless, although early check-in was not available, and parking was only 6.00/night. Food provided in am in the lobby. The price was better than other hotels in the downtown area and the accomodation with a view and perfect location can not be beat. All personnel were friendly and accomodating. This will be my overnight stay from now on while in downtown Greenville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Billie D,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on TripAdvisor. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very proud of our centralized location being steps away from the great things downtown Greenville has to offer. Thank you for your comments about our rooms and staff!

We can't wait to host your next trip to Greenville. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of assistance in the future.

Brett Flowers
hamptoninnandsuitesgreenville.com
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We had a wonderful experience. From the time of check-in to check-out, my family enjoy all the hotel had to offer. The rooms were clean and stocked all small treats. The beds were comfortable and I loved the reinsuring message in the elevators. You can’t beat the location. Once we were settled into the room, everything was in walking distance. I enjoyed that the River Walk was right outside of the Inn. The next morning, we take pleasure in the continental breakfast. I was amazed at the variety of food that was available for us. Future more, the staff keep the breakfast stocked and looking fresh. Speaking of the staff…everyone was so helpful and friendly. Although the hotel was busy, they keep the crowd moving and didn’t hesitate to jump if asked for some assistance. For your next visit to Greenville, I high recommend Hampton Inn & Suites.

Room Tip: Bring some good walking shoe
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Douglas M,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace! We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of our centralized location and we are happy to hear you were able to enjoy all the great things Greenville has to offer. We appreciate your comments to our staff and glad you enjoyed the wonderful breakfast! As a team, we strive to always go over and beyond to meet all of our guests expectations.

We can't wait to have you back with us again! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was in town for a wedding and reserved a room. We got the suite that was a great size, not to mention the view! You looked out the window and could overlook the river! The staff was very friendly, with a quick check in process and everyone making sure that my stay there was perfect. This hotel is in a great location and with in walking distance to everywhere downtown! I will definetly be back again!

Room Tip: I had the suite and it was excellent! Spacious with a great view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear mkmiller,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments to our staff! As a team, it is our main goal to make sure each and every guest has an enjoyable experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip should you return to the Greenville area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever assist you in the future.

Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We got the king suite and it was wonderful. It had 1.5 baths which was nice. Our only complaint was that the pull out coach (which we had 2 kids on) was only a full size and HORRIBLE. Now, I realize that most folks don't use the pull out, but be warned if you do that it is hard and the mattress is so thin they felt the metal bars all night long. But, if you don't use the pull out sofabed, you will love everything else about it. I'd like to add that the staff was SO friendly, they went out of their way, even housekeeping, to ask if we were enjoying our stay.

Room Tip: The king suite was large and lovely! A full wall of curved windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
matt_lew-GM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear DHancock,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your most recent trip to Greenville, SC. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and do apologize for the lack of comfort with the pull out sofa. I will address this issue immediately with our Executive Housekeeping Director and we will make the necessary changes. Thank you very much for your feedback and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thanks,

Matt Lew
Snellville, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We met another couple there and had a fabulous time. We rode the trolley, had a fabulous lunch and dinner in nearby, walk to restaurants. We even found a lovely church to attend. Great area and only two hours drive from home for my husband and I and the couple from Charlotte NC that we met there. We had beautiful weather to top off everything thing else. My friends were impressed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Brenda A
Dear Brenda A,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your time in downtown Greenville. We can't wait to have you back with us again should your travels return to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance in the future.

Swainsboro, NC
Reviewed April 14, 2013

From the front desk clerk and maintenance personnel to the area of of the city where it is located and the beautiful park nearby, this is a very nice Hampton Inn. I highly reccommend a visit to Greenville and the Hampton Inn!

1 Thank Glenn W
hamptongsm, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Glenn W,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on TripAdvisor! I am hapipy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace. Thank you for your comments to our staff. As a team, our main goal here is to make sure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay.

We can't wait to have you back with us again should you return to Greenvlle. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance in the future.