“Not your typical Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Brevard, North Carolina
“Not your typical Hampton Inn”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is a very nice Hampton Inn right on the river. We had a 6th floor balcony room that looked directly over the revitalized Riverwalk area. Great view, excellent room. Breakfast was good and the front desk was very nice and helpful. Close to everything downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear MTMCO,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace and for sharing your experience with us! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments to our staff.

We would love to have you stay with us again should you return to Greenville. Please give us a call if we can be of assistance!

864-271-8700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Beautiful unique hotel in a beautiful location in downtown Greenville on riverfront. Suite was very nice at a very reasonable rate. Front desk employee was very nice and helpful. Overall great experience- I look forward to coming back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank loriemasse
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear loriemasse,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear you had a great experience at our property and thank you for your comments to our front desk staff.

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip to Greenville .Please do not hesistate to contact me if I can be of assistance in making future reservations.

Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is in a wonderful location. I enjoyed the view. I enjoyed the walk I was able to take through a beautiful park along the river. I enjoyed the restaurants. But, most of all I appreciated the service I got at the hotel. It was hours before normal check-in time, yet I was greeted by very pleasant front desk associates who quickly advised me that my room was ready. Parking was convenient. My room was exceptionally clean and spacious.

On my way to my room after dinner one evening, I stopped to get a cup of tea and just happened to see Associate, Manolo Guad, in the dining area. I wanted to be able to keep the air conditioning fan running continuously. I didn't even know what Manny's job at the hotel was but I asked if he could direct me to someone who could help me figure it out. I tell you. Manny to the rescue! As it turns out, the new system doesn't allow for the continuous running of the fan. Rather than tell me that in the dining room and send me on my way, Manny came to my room to see what he could do. He explained that it might work if I turned the temperature down REALLY low, but knew that wasn't a real good solution. So, he offered to bring me a fan. He left and was back within 10 minutes with a fan that provided just the right amount of noise and air motion. I had such a good night's sleep! I still don't know what Manny's job at the hotel is. I can tell you this though. He is one valuable employee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Carol D
Dear CarolD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hampton Inn & Suites Riverplace! I am happy to hear you had such an enjoyable experience at our property and we appreciate your comments to Manny. Manny has been with the hotel for a few years now and we are definitely lucky to have him. I will be sure that he reads your comments.

We hope the next time you are in the Greenville area you will consider us for any of your lodging needs. Please give us a call if we can ever be of assistance!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is in the perfect location to visit all the downtown area of Greenville. Just a few steps away are the many restaurants and the Swamp Rabbit bike trail goes right beside it. The trail is completely paved and goes from Greenville to Travelers Rest.

Room Tip: The hotel is a bit pricey but the location can't be beat.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank BalanceRay
matt_lew-GM, Guest Service Supervisor at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Ray G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are very lucky to be located in such a great area downtown. Not only are we located within walking distance to over fifty restaurants and bars, we do have a few restaurants that will deliver room service to our guest rooms. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and we look forward to having you with us again soon.

Kristin Graham
Guest Service Supervisor
k.graham@hospitalityamerica.com
(864) 271-8700
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Perfect Hotel for Business, pleasure, wedding parties, etc. Has everything you want -- In the heart of downtown Greenville with tons of restaurants & nightlife footsteps away, an incredibly friendly and helpful staff, and clean, new, and spacious accommodations.
I travel every weekend for work and this is by far one of my favorites. The staff was incredibly friendly, helped me find local places to eat, all of the business I had to do in terms of computer use and printing was easy and free in their business center, breakfast is free as well - warm & delicious! Parking is easy and convenient, and my room was beautiful!

THIS IS NOT A NORMAL HAMPTON INN -- MUCH BETTER THAN any other Hampton Inn I've stayed in before...It is better than any luxury hotel in the Greenville area. Gorgeous interior, great rooms, great people -- I highly recommend staying here!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MCF1227
Dear MCF1227,

Thank you so much for your response on Tripadvisor! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have a great staff and provide our guestswith the best service possible. We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Kristin Graham
Guest Service Supervisor
k.graham@hospitalityamerica.com
(864) 271-8700
Fletcher, North Carolina
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The past two years we have stayed here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Downtown Greenville is full of good restaurants, a beautiful park, etc. This hotel is on the river, surrounded by waterfalls, and the staff are very welcoming and accommodating and help make our special time even more special! Customer service is outstanding. Very good breakfast. This is definitely going to be a yearly trip for us!

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are the best!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BTBA4
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear BTBA4,

Thank you for taking time to write a review on the Hampton Inn and Suites Riverplace! We appreciate your loalty to our property and thank you for compliments to our staff. I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience and we can't wait to have you back in the future.

Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is, by far, the best Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in. Super location on Greenville's modern riverfront, adjacent to the beautiful Falls Park along the Reedy river and within an easy walk of all the downtown restaurants and activities. Facilities are first rate. Customer service is outstanding with a special tip of the hat to Matt, the General Manager. My wife had to check in ahead of me, needed a couple of things, and he treated her like royalty, which I suspect is normal at this hotel. Like another reviewer said, customer service here is well above the norm.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewsCam
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear NewsCam,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on Tripadvisor. I am happy to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for comments to Matt.

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip should you return to the Greenville area. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance in making future reservations.