“Great Front Desk Staff!!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #2 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Front Desk Staff!!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I really enjoy my stay here at Hampton Inn!! Nikki from front desk was wonderful ya'll should be very luckey to have her!!! Breakfast was also great.Housekeeping staff always made my room so nice.I love that i can walk on riverwalk.. I love love this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maria-jamal H
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Dear Maria-jamal H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on Tripadvisor and for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites Riverplace.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments to Nikki. She has been with our company for quite some time now and does a fantastic job! We are lucky to have her and I have made sure she has seen your comments.

We would love to have the opportunity to host your next trip to Greenville. Please give us a call if we can ever be of assistance!

864-271-8700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2012

About a year ago (summer 2011) we stayed here for a few weeks while our house was undergoing repairs (rented 2 rooms - a regular and a suite). Desk staff was kind. The location of this hotel (as with the several nearby hotels) is great. It's right smack in the middle of downtown near Falls Park and convenient to many restaurants and shops. Parking is fine but not great... hotel guests just use a nearby city parking garage and since we were here a few weeks the walk to and from the car got old... you have to go down to the hotel lobby, walk outside and across an alley to another elevator and take that down to the parking garage, and the parking garage is large and takes a while to get into/out of. The hotel is fairly new, is very clean, and in general is a step above a standard Hampton Inn. The bedding was comfortable, the rooms have nice TVs, and are kept clean. If you get a suite with a balcony the view is great; other rooms have nice views as well but it's mostly just the building next door. Housekeepers were kind. The continental breakfast at this hotel was poor... the selection is small and what there is isn't very good... we ended up going and getting something most mornings. Just as a note, no pool or laundry facilities exist at this hotel.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel. It would be a great place to stay for the price for anyone staying in downtown Greenville for business or a fun weekend. Also check out the Marriott Courtyard, it's nearby and another good bet, similar but a little nicer and a bit more $.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Adam915,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor. We apprecitae your comments and your feedback.

One of the things we are most proud of is our centralized location in the heart downtown. Guest really enjoy being only steps away from the local shops, restaurants, and the Reedy River. I'm pleased to hear you were able to enjoy the great things downtown Greenville has to offer.

We appreciate your feedback regarding breakfast. Since the beginning of the year, Hampton as brand has implemented new hot food items ranging from hot waffles, oatmeal, on-the-house hot which allows guest to easily grab as they are walking out the door. With these new additions we hope you will give our breakfast another try!

Please let us know if any of your future travels bring you back to the Greenville area and further more, please let us know what we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've been staying at the hotel for the past five years when I take my girls to summer camp. It is always so friendly and welcoming. The best part is it is located right in the heart of everything in downtown Greenville on the River. We always love to head out on foot to explore the area. I look forward to it every year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear worldtravelernbr,

I am so happy to hear that you have always been pleased with your stays over the past years and thank you for continued loyalty to our property. You are completely right about the location, it is definitely in a prime location in the heart of downtown with the plenty of fun stuff to do and explore.

Please feel free to contact me for any future reservations and I will be happy to assist you. Thanks again for your comments, we can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

The staff is absolutely amazing here the front desk staff was a pleasure both at check in and check out. The view was amazing the balcony river view is worth the upgraded price. It was a short walk to Rick Erwin's which made the stroll by the river nice after dinner I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank diwalkabout
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear Diwalkabout,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us here on Tripadvisor and for choosing the Hampton Inn and Suites Riverplace.

We appreciate your compliments regarding our front desk staff and I am happy to hear you enjoyed our balcony room overlooking the river, they are definitely one of our most popular suites.

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip to Greenville. Please feel free to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Great new property run by an excellent staff, in a terrific location. On top of that could not believe how much Greenville had transformed itself. If you have not been to Greenville in the last 10 years, hurry up. The river area with its great restaurants have helped this city take the best of the past and make it new again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HCBIII
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear HBCIII,

Thank you for sharing your experience with others here on Tripadvisor.

I can't agree with you more about Greenville. I've lived in the area all of my life and downtown has really grown tremedously. With the new suspension bridge crossing over the Reedy River, the renovation of the Peace Center and over 50+ restaurants in the downtown area, it really has transformed. Greenville continues to grow with new business coming to the area which is very exciting.

Thank you again for all of your comments. We would love to have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future! Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.

Upstate SC
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here last weekend to reconnect, celebrate my birthday, and enjoy a very rare overnight without our children in tow. This hotel is new, clean, pretty and convenient to the best spots in town. When we checked into our room they had a gift bag of goodies for me the birthday girl which made my day. Breakfast was delicious, bagel toppers, sausage patties, waffles, greek yogurt, oatmeal, etc. Our favorite was the delicious fresh berry blend of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and blackberries. And of course their "robust" coffee is very good. The breakfast area is small, and it was bustling and loud, so we took our breakfast toward the front desk where they had arranged seating for breakfast overflow. The room had ALL the comforts of home, plenty of tioletries, a small fridge and microwave, plus a balcony overlooking the city. The staff was courteous and friendly here. We loved the fact that we could park our car ($6/day) right next to the hotel in their covered garage and walk everywhere we wanted to go in the west end and along the river. I can't comment on value because this was a Hilton Honors stay so we didn't pay. The design of the hotel is compact and plase note there is no swimming pool. This hotel offers a lovely stay and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad room here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank happycmpr731
Dear Happycmpr731,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor and thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand.

I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience at our property especially on your birthday! As a team, we strive to make sure we are always going over and beyond to make sure our guest expecations are not only met, but exceeded.

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip to the Greenville area. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance,

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Absolutely the best! If you want to experience Greenville at it's finest then this is the place to stay! The location is incredible. Located at Falls Park on the Reedy River and walking distance to an unbelievable downtown experience; including restaurants, shopping and entertainment. The staff, from management to check-in desk to maid service is second to none. The rooms are luxurious. The entire facility is spotless. Also, free breakfast from 6-10 a.m. I have never stayed at a more quiet and relaxing hotel.
Also walking distant to Fluor Field (Modeled after Boston's Fenway Park), home of the Greenville Drive minor league baseball team.
I had a wonderful week. When visiting Greenville I will never consider staying anywhere but the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
matt_lew-GM, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Tim Whip,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others here on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable experience at our property!

I completely agree with you about our location. Our property is indeed in the heart of downtown and is definitely hard to beat. I appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. As a team, we strive to always make sure we are going over and beyond to exceed our guest expectations, so thank you for your kind words.

We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip to Greenville. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of assistance.