WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #4 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Greenville
“Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

This hotel is clean and very nicely furnished. The service was superb. It was my birthday and Rachel at the front desk surprised us with a bottle of wine and chocolates. She really went the extra mile for us in many ways. We have stayed here on several occasions and have always been pleased with our visit. The complimentary breakfast is wonderful with fresh fruit and hot waffles and biscuits and much more. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan C
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. As a team, we strive to go above and beyond to ensure guest expectations are not just met, but exceeded. That being said, I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed staying with us on this special birthday occasion. It’s always a pleasure to serve you. We are looking forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Warm regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

I appreciate that this hotel is clean and tidy! It is not fancy, but it is solid and clean. There is a standard breakfast available in the morning, and I enjoyed the fact they offered fresh berries for cereal/yogurt.

I was permitted a late check-out due to an afternoon flight. Thank you, Hampton!

Only one negative: unfortunately, there was some construction noise which began early on a Saturday morning, when I had hoped to sleep in a little.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Parieeeee
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to share your compliments with my housekeeping staff. Hopefully next time you come to visit there won’t be any construction going on across the river. If there is anything I can do to assist you with future stays please feel free to contact me.
The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

This Hampton is located in one of the most picturesque downtowns in the country. The riverwalk area is close to excellent restaurants (High Cotton, Nantuckets) and great shopping. Reedy park is literally right out the back door.
Now, with that said, I would not pay extra for any rooms facing the river until the construction is completed on the ampitheater. It was not a pretty sight and work started early in the morning. The construction should be completed in 4-6 months--I am guessing. But ask first before you book.
The rest of the hotel was excellent, including the beds, breakfasts, cleanliness.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank steveberry2020
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with the construction across the river however, I am so glad to hear it didn’t stop you from enjoying your stay with us. Please ask for me on your next visit if you have any questions or are in need of restaurant recommendations. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

New, clean, nicely furnished, great location.
Nightstands have individual phone chargers and temperature controls.
Great price for upscale hotel.
Extremely comfortable beds.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and all the added amenities we offer. Please ask for me on your next visit if you have any questions or are in need of restaurant recommendations. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

We actually live 20 mins. away from here but we got a room here for the night so that we could celebrate St. Patricks day without having to worry about getting home. Great date night. The service is great but I think the best thing was the view and atmosphere. Being a Greenville native it was nice to sit back and enjoy how much our city has grown. And the Hampton downtown does just that. They have pictures of places from all around Greenville that represent it well. The beds were great and they have everything that you need ontop of a great view! Definently would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scgurl185
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience and feedback here on TripAdvisor. Our West End location in downtown Greenville gives us the distinction of being the closest to Falls Park along with being within walking-distance to downtown restaurants and attractions. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location, amenities and staff, and hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Warm regards,
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is a super hotel in an excellent location to downtown area Greenville. The breakfast was the freshest I have seen in a Hampton. And the location was easy walking to all entertainment and restaurants in area. Very pleased!!

Room Tip: if available, get a view of the river
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank hottopic
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear you enjoyed all the added amenities we offer, including our expanded ‘On the House’ hot breakfast. Please ask for me on your next visit if you have any questions or are in need of restaurant recommendations. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Clemson, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Very nice hotel and great location at the West End. It’s a very short walk to more than 10 or 12 restaurants (3 or 4 next door), shops and Falls Park. Starbucks is less than 50 yards from the hotel and just across the street from Falls Park. I recommend parking the car in the hotel garage (small surcharge for parking and very secure) and walking to just about anywhere you want to go in downtown Greenville (easy walking with no steep hills and well maintained sidewalks). The best thing about the stay was the service at the hotel. It was my fiancées birthday and they had a welcome gift bag in the room with a card wishing her a happy birthday. Aaron (Guest Services) went above and beyond to make it a very special stay. The room was very nice (with a balcony), the bedding is comfy Hampton Inn, and the shower was large and beautifully tiled. I would definitely recommend the Hampton Inn Riverplace. If I had a warning, it is considerably more expensive than your typical Hampton Inn, but this is not your typical Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The upper rooms have a much better view and less disturbances from noise and traffic. The balcony i...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TheNewHuntingTiger
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed, great review here on TripAdvisor. I am so thrilled that you chose our property for such a special occasion and that we not only met but exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the staff. We truly appreciate you recommending us to others. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable.

Warm Regards