1,256 results
All reviews across the river lazy goat great location river view falls park river place fresh berries within walking distance the swamp rabbit trail main street self parking hotel is located greenville downtown breakfast staff restaurants and shops the hotel staff per day
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I appreciate that this hotel is clean and tidy! It is not fancy, but it is solid and clean. There is a standard breakfast available in the morning, and I enjoyed the fact they offered fresh berries for cereal/yogurt.

I was permitted a late check-out due to an afternoon flight. Thank you, Hampton!

Only one negative: unfortunately, there was some construction noise which began early on a Saturday morning, when I had hoped to sleep in a little.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Parieeeee
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I will be sure to share your compliments with my housekeeping staff. Hopefully next time you come to visit there won’t be any construction going on across the river. If there is anything I can do to assist you with future stays please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

This Hampton is located in one of the most picturesque downtowns in the country. The riverwalk area is close to excellent restaurants (High Cotton, Nantuckets) and great shopping. Reedy park is literally right out the back door.
Now, with that said, I would not pay extra for any rooms facing the river until the construction is completed on the ampitheater. It was not a pretty sight and work started early in the morning. The construction should be completed in 4-6 months--I am guessing. But ask first before you book.
The rest of the hotel was excellent, including the beds, breakfasts, cleanliness.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank steve b
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience with the construction across the river however, I am so glad to hear it didn’t stop you from enjoying your stay with us. Please ask for me on your next visit if you have any questions or are in need of restaurant recommendations. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

New, clean, nicely furnished, great location.
Nightstands have individual phone chargers and temperature controls.
Great price for upscale hotel.
Extremely comfortable beds.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BTvler
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and all the added amenities we offer. Please ask for me on your next visit if you have any questions or are in need of restaurant recommendations. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed March 18, 2012

We actually live 20 mins. away from here but we got a room here for the night so that we could celebrate St. Patricks day without having to worry about getting home. Great date night. The service is great but I think the best thing was the view and atmosphere. Being a Greenville native it was nice to sit back and enjoy how much our city has grown. And the Hampton downtown does just that. They have pictures of places from all around Greenville that represent it well. The beds were great and they have everything that you need ontop of a great view! Definently would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Scgurl185
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience and feedback here on TripAdvisor. Our West End location in downtown Greenville gives us the distinction of being the closest to Falls Park along with being within walking-distance to downtown restaurants and attractions. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location, amenities and staff, and hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next stay with us even more enjoyable.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2012

This is a super hotel in an excellent location to downtown area Greenville. The breakfast was the freshest I have seen in a Hampton. And the location was easy walking to all entertainment and restaurants in area. Very pleased!!

Room Tip: if available, get a view of the river
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank hottopic
RachelTouchet, Guest Service Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor! I am glad to hear you enjoyed all the added amenities we offer, including our expanded ‘On the House’ hot breakfast. Please ask for me on your next visit if you have any questions or are in need of restaurant recommendations. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!