“Great stay...would recommend to all!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Atlanta
“Great stay...would recommend to all!”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Great hotel! Would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in downtown Greenville. It is located on the river and within walking distance to many restaurants and shops. The hotel is maintained extremely well with a staff that goes above and beyond.

Room Tip: Ask for a view other than the one facing the large brick building next to the hotel
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
HamptonInnRiverPlace, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience and feedback here on TripAdvisor. We understand that guests have a variety of options when it comes to accommodations and we appreciate the opportunity you gave us to serve you during your stay in Greenville. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more memorable.

(864) 271 - 8700

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I was traveling to Greenville on business. I prefer Hilton properties. I love their brand and the consistency (no matter what location) so it's wasn't by accident that I chose the Hampton Inn in downtown Greenville, however, what was a surprise was, this property is not your ordinary Hampton Inn, this one is "above & beyond" in my book! It has great decor, everything is comfortable and most importantly....clean! Oh, and the breakfast definitely surpasses even the brand standard.

A couple of things....
This property is in a great location if you're looking to hang out in downtown Greenville. I loved that it was within walking distance to the hot spots including the cool bridge (forgot what it's called), the river walk area and all shops and restaurants. Now, about price: you will most likely pay a higher rate than your average Hampton Inn, but you get what you pay for!

About the staff.....
from the front desk, to the breakfast room associates to the housekeeping staff....everyone was great! That makes a stay just that much more pleasurable!

Lastly, I want to make special note of Rachel & Miguel at the front desk in the evening. I had never been to Greenville so they were most helpful in guiding me in the right directions. They even gave me their business cards so that if I had anymore questions or need further help they would be there for me.

Excellent job! I will be back....for pleasure next time!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Lorie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff took great care of you. By providing personalized, attention-to-detail driven service, we’re able to not only stand out in the local area as a premier hotel but also give our valued guests the service they yearn for. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything we can do to assist you on future trips to downtown Greenville. We look forward to seeing you sometime soon and wish you safe travels until then.

864-271-8700
Virginia
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stopped there on our way to drop our son off at Clemson and this is such a perfect location. Great views.......except for the handicapped rooms........which I didn't realize......but our son's room was great! And it's within walking distance of great restaurants.......very pedestrian location!! Will definitely stay there again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
HamptonInnRiverPlace, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 27, 2011
Travelgnome1960,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. There are over 50 restaurants, unique shops and the beautiful Falls Park all within walking distance from our front door; pedestrian friendly indeed! We look forward to seeing you on future trips to downtown Greenville and wish you safe travels until then.

864-271-8700
Edisto Beach, SC
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Several of my friends and I had the pleasure of staying here as we were attending our nursing alumni meeting in Greenville. It is in a great location being close to the River Park, downtown and many nice restaurants, all within walking distance. The staff was extremely cordial and helpful. And, the breakfast was wonderful! The room was spacious and quite comfortable. I would certainly re-visit this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
azaleski, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
EdistoBeach, Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor. I specifically remember your group and how enjoyable it was to get to know you all during your stay with us. We’re so glad to hear about your great stay with us and that you enjoyed our friendly customer service and amenities we offer. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Greenville!
Greenville, SC
Reviewed August 8, 2011

I had a very pleasant experience at this hotel, but you are definitely paying for location as you would at any of the neighboring hotels downtown. If you're looking for anything cheaper, you won't find it downtown. I checked prices and they all seem to be about the same. However, if you need/want to stay downtown for any reason, I would opt for this hotel simply because of it's proximity to Falls Park. Downtown Greenville is great for walking -- we parked our vehicles and didn't drive them again until we checked out. It's location and the fact that I am a HiltonHonors member who gets points for all my Hilton hotel stays were the main reasons I chose this hotel.

The staff very kindly accomodated a slightly early check-in time (I called ahead just to make sure), and parking in the lot/garage right under the hotel was very convenient. Parking fees ($6/daily) for this hotel appear to be much less expensive than the nearby Marriott Courtyard and Hyatt Regency hotels.

I thought I had seen on the website that they had a whirlpool, but either I was mistaken or it was referring to the fact that some rooms have a 1-person whirlpool tub in them. I don't see other downtown hotels claming that amenity either.

We booked a balcony room for an extra $20/night, and we could see the river from it, but I would save my money next time or book one in cooler weather. I thought we might use it at nighttime or in the morning if one of us woke up before the other.

Like another reviewer mentioned, the rooms do not provide a mini-fridge or microwave, which was surprising -- and disappointing considering the great meals we had. It would have been nice to bring leftovers or dessert back with us.

The wireless internet worked GREAT -- we were even able to stream a movie to our laptop without interruptions.

The bed was super comfortable. The room stayed comfortably cool. The bathroom had lots of counter and shelf space for our sundries and the shower had reliably hot water. Housekeeping promptly cleaned the room during the late morning.

Decor of the room could use some help as it was rather drab. Beige walls, beige curtains, beige bench, white bedspread, and two B&W photos of lovely Greenville landmarks. I didn't realize how accustomed I am to more color and artwork in hotel rooms. It lends itself to a more home-away-from-home feeling. But that's certainly a very minor quibble. Just something they could work on to make the room feel like it matches its pricetag.

The hotel is in very easy walking distance of nearly all of downtown, and Falls Park is in its backyard -- a great place to find a bench to read or enjoy coffee or ice cream from Spill the Beans or bubble tea from O-Cha Tea Bar. There is plenty of free parking in downtown garages on the weekend, and I understand there is also a trolley that rides up and down Main Street that will take you to various stops along the way at no charge. Do yourself a favor and plan one meal at Rick Erwin's West End Grill, then window shop at all the neat boutique stores along Main Street!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Randmel, thank you so much for leaving such a great and in-depth review of your recent stay on TripAdvisor. We’re so glad to hear about your enjoyable experience and feedback on the amenities we offer. Our central location in downtown Greenville leaves guests with infinite options and places to dine, all within walking distance! Thank you again for the great feedback; we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Reviewed August 5, 2011

A wonderful place that takes care of their guests in every way to make you want to return!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Sparkspymom
Sparkspymom, We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff took good care of you. Thank you for sharing the great feedback here on Tripadvisor! We hope to see you on your next trip to downtown Greenville.
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I really appreciated all the extras and friendly service this hotel offered. Great downtown location!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nette90
azaleski, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Greenville - Downtown - Riverplace, responded to this review, August 5, 2011
Nette90, Thank you for taking the time to leave such glowing feedback on TripAdvisor! We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to downtown Greenville.