“Service was not good”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Greenville
“Service was not good”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I was very disappointed with JP's. In the past, the food and service was good, but not this time. We were told that there was a 15 min wait for a table, but we ended up waiting 40 min. After we ordered our food, we waited about 15 min to just get a salad. Our waitress came by to check on us 1 time. We waited about 30 more min and still had no steak or ribs. There were many tables getting irritated. After waiting too long, we asked if we could get our check and leave. We were told that our food was coming right then, so we stayed. The food was average, but too expensive for what you get.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sheena K

Greenville, South Carolina
“over priced and underwhelmed”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Our first and last time we ate here. The service was decent but the food quality was poor and way over priced. Our salad was some wilted lettuce and a few chunks of tomatoes. The potato sticks on the salad were unappetizing and just a little weird. My shrimp was decent but for $19.00 I expected at least some flavor. It was just greasy. My son's chicken fingers tasted old and again the French fries just tasted greasy. For the price we paid we could have had a fabulous meal at Arizona Steak House. Wish we had made the connection that a restaurant with no wait on a Saturday night is best left alone. Plus it's a bit unsettling that the restaurant is next door to a taxidermy store!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank teacher4kidsattek
TUSCALOOSA
“Great Steaks!”
Reviewed April 14, 2012

John Paul's Armadillo Oil Co is a restaurant I always love eating at when I am in Greenville, SC. The steaks are great!

• Visited April 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
“Stay away”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Horrible service, cold food, bad attitudes. Wouldn't go back

2 Thank TravelingBikerdoc
“Rude owner!”
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I was recently staying in Greenvile and was recommended John Pauls for their ribs and steaks. I was underwhelmed to say the least. The food was bland and extremely overpriced. The owner, John Paul, was blatantly rude when we asked to order something else! And from what I saw he treated his employees like dirt. Yelling at them from across the restaurant, and cursing in front of children. I think its time for him to retire and close that horrible storage building of dead animals, or what he calls a restaurant. Time to find a new hobby old man. Horrible place!

2 Thank maryellen123