“Perfect eggs over medium! Yummy homemade corned beef hash.”
Review of Eggs Up Grill

Eggs Up Grill
Ranked #173 of 906 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In a world of constant change, it's good to know some things stay the same. At Eggs Up Grill, you can expect a good wholesome breakfast or delightful lunch in a family-friendly atmosphere. From signature peaches and cream waffles to the spicy jalapeno and cheddar burger, you'll find delicious breakfasts with Southern flair and hearty lunches bursting with flavor. Open from 6 a.M. To 2 p.M. Every day, Eggs Up Grill is a gathering place for friends and neighbors, as well as an intimate spot for couples and families to share a tasty breakfast or lunch.
Fountain Inn, South Carolina
“Perfect eggs over medium! Yummy homemade corned beef hash.”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I've heard about this place but from their SC coastal locations. Glad to see one opened in our area. This is an unassuming place in a nicely kept modern strip center. The place was packed when we came in, packed while we were there and packed when we left. Small but well run. We had great service and it appeared everybody else did. I tried the homemade corned beef hash with eggs over medium and their famous home fries. I only wish every over medium egg I get for the rest of my life was cooked this well! The hash was great. Only down side was the potatoes which I was so looking forward to. They were well seasoned and cooked, but had too much oil. Hopefully this was an isolated incident. My hubby had the corned beef hash omelet. He enjoyed it but he and I are puffy omelet fans and this is the other thin crepe-like style. He too did not enjoy the potatoes. Since so many rave about them, I'm going to guess we just got a bad potato day! I would recommend anyone giving this place a try.

• Visited June 2014
EggsUpGrill, Owner at Eggs Up Grill, responded to this review, July 30, 2015
Hello Maggie B. It has been some time since your review of us however, I wanted to personally say thank you for taking your time to review us and let you know that your comments did not go unnoticed. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope that you have visited with us since your last review. If you have, thank you so much for your patronage. If not, I ask that you join us again - we would love another opportunity to impress you and get to know you better. We hope you serve you soon!

Greer, SC
“Quit yer whining...this is a great place!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

So many of us in the Five Forks area (alllll the way at the end of Woodruff Rd back into Simpsonville) tend to stick around the neighborhood on the weekends. We've had a lot of restaurants pop up, close to home but all equally BAD (great service...bad food). Too many folks trying to open restaurants without knowing how to put together a great menu....a tough task.

Eating breakfast out on the weekend in Greenville is chaotic at best...every place has a line out the door. So when we saw another little diner-type breakfast place opening up, was just hoping for decent food. My husband had been here before but he pretty much eats anything ;-). The line was there and several more waiting inside...they said 20-25 minutes, even at 11:30am. But soon as a party got up, the tables were cleaned & set immediately, so we waited maybe 10 minutes max...not bad. But the place is cute (utensil clock...digging it!) and really clean...reminds me of the awesome little diners at the beach, so already had a good feeling about this place. The manager was very nice...spoke to us when we were waiting to eat, promised to get us seated as soon as possible. Nice that even tho the place was jumping, he remembered to take time to chat with the natives. And he didn't even know I'm a major food blogger ;-)

The waitress appeared right away with menus and a drink order. We both ordered egg white omelets with spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes, home fries, and wheat toast. The omelet was perfect, even the veggies had been sautéed separately so they were properly cooked. Home fried were made with big chunks of little red potatoes, not the freezer bagged frozen crap you get at a lot of places around town, and toast was actually toasted (don't you hate it when they bring your toast that's really just warm bread because they were in a hurry?!). Meal was excellent, and even as busy as it was, the waitress came back to check on us several times. (She did seemed kind of stressed out, a smile would have been nice!)

I'm a muffin and tea kind of girl for breakfast, but I left this place stuffed! The omelet was too good to leave behind (I almost finished it)....still can't believe I ate that much for breakfast...but when it's good, it's good.

So yes, a great place for breakfast. Yes, food does take a little longer than Waffle House but everything's fresh and I'm willing to wait a few extra minutes for that. And LOVE the healthy alternatives! No fuss or extra charge for egg white only omelets! There's hope for South Carolina yet...

It was a little pricey tho. We ordered the omelets, tea, orange juice, and my hubby got a side of bacon. $27...for breakfast?! A little bit of sticker shock there! They did offer an app with coupons and discounts...definitely need to check that out. Whew.

I hear they do lunch also so will definitely try it again in the future. Remember it is a new spot...it can take a while to work out the bugs with proper food prep, staff, etc. if something is wrong, tell the manager and give him a chance to fix it. Don't come from church and then forget your manners, folks.

• Visited March 2014
EggsUpGrill, Owner at Eggs Up Grill, responded to this review, July 30, 2015
Hello Dawn A. It has been some time since your review of us however, I wanted to personally say thank you for taking your time to review us and let you know that your comments did not go unnoticed. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope that you have visited with us since your last review. If you have, thank you so much for your patronage. If not, I ask that you join us again - we would love another opportunity to impress you and get to know you better. We hope you serve you soon!

Washington
“Breakfast should be so-oo easy - not here”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Pancakes should be a no brainer, have the batter ready to go and when the customer orders, make the pancake. Not here - pre made pancakes not warm enough to melt butter. Coffee should have some flavor - not just brown water. Ordered pancakes without powdered sugar - came with sugar. Run of the mill eggs - not locally sourced, Eggs were watery tasting. Not worth the price. Not much to see, less to do.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Stan5107
EggsUpGrill, Owner at Eggs Up Grill, responded to this review, July 30, 2015
Hello Stan5107. It has been some time since your review of us however, I wanted to personally let you know that exceeding our customers expectations and serving high quality foods is our top priority. I realize we may not have impressed you on a previous visit but wanted you to know that we have a renewed focus on these important aspects of our business. Therefore, I wanted to reach out to you and ask that you give us another opportunity to win you over. Stop back by, let me introduce myself, and give us another try.

Simpsonville, South Carolina
“I will never eat here again”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I ordered our eggs over medium. When our food arrived, both my wife's and my eggs were over easy. So we politely asked to have them cooked a little longer. Our waitress brought the eggs back to the kitchen. Later when she returned with our order, my wife's eggs were cook as ordered (over medium) and mine were still the same (over easy). I again asked the waitress if they could cook my eggs a little longer. Again she brought the eggs back to the kitchen and returned many minutes later with eggs that were cooked over easy. By this point my wife had finished her breakfast so I told the waitress that the eggs are still cooked the exact way (over easy) and to just forget the order.
The manger came to our table to inform me that the eggs (in her opinion) are cooked over medium, inferring that I am wrong. I politely explained that over medium eggs should not have a runny, snotty undercooked appearance. I further explained that if I keep asking for the eggs to be cooked more, then they should not keep coming back to me cooked the same exact way. At this point the manager ( who had a real cavalier attitude) informed me that she will deduct the eggs from the bill and was adamant that I was to pay for every thing else on the plate (i.e. bacon, hash browns, toast etc.). When I asked why I should pay for these items since they were on the plate which was continuously in the kitchen, she stated that I was only dissatisfied with the eggs but everything else was OK. My response was "word of mouth is the best form of advertising, and you want to jeopardize your business over a few lousy dollars". Her response: "do what you have to do, but I am not eating the cost of that meal".
True story, I have not embellished the details of this incident one bit. I have never witnessed or encountered such poor and callous customer service. I will never, ever return to this establishment.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank RichCNM
EggsUpGrill, Owner at Eggs Up Grill, responded to this review, July 30, 2015
Hello RichCNM. It has been some time since your review of us however, I wanted to personally let you know that exceeding our customers expectations and serving high quality foods is our top priority. I realize we may not have impressed you on a previous visit but wanted you to know that we have a renewed focus on these important aspects of our business. Therefore, I wanted to reach out to you and ask that you give us another opportunity to win you over. Stop back by, let me introduce myself, and give us another try.

Greenville, South Carolina
“40.00 for cold eggs and burnt toast”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Me my daughter and wife have eaten here a few times before never a problem.We always expect to wait for a table there busy.Today was different,40 minute wait to be seated then the food took forever to come out.We had the steak and eggs and two classic breakfast platers.The eggs were cold on all plates my toast was burnt and had to be returned.After quietly telling the waitress about our issues she laid our check down on the table and just said i'm sorry about that and walked away? end of discussion.As i'm at the counter to pay i realize i was overcharged They charged me for an extra plate of fried potatoes by this point i didn't even want to discuss it anymore after having to wait for someone to even take my money.This may be just a fluke experience but i don't think i will frequent them again anytime soon.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank toddena
EggsUpGrill, Owner at Eggs Up Grill, responded to this review, July 30, 2015
Hello toddena. It has been some time since your review of us however, I wanted to personally let you know that exceeding our customers expectations and serving high quality foods is our top priority. I realize we may not have impressed you on a previous visit but wanted you to know that we have a renewed focus on these important aspects of our business. Therefore, I wanted to reach out to you and ask that you give us another opportunity to win you over. Stop back by, let me introduce myself, and give us another try.