“I will never eat here again”
Review of Eggs Up Grill

Eggs Up Grill
Ranked #159 of 927 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: In a world of constant change, it's good to know some things stay the same. At Eggs Up Grill, you can expect a good wholesome breakfast or delightful lunch in a family-friendly atmosphere. From signature peaches and cream waffles to the spicy jalapeno and cheddar burger, you'll find delicious breakfasts with Southern flair and hearty lunches bursting with flavor. Open from 6 a.M. To 2 p.M. Every day, Eggs Up Grill is a gathering place for friends and neighbors, as well as an intimate spot for couples and families to share a tasty breakfast or lunch.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“I will never eat here again”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I ordered our eggs over medium. When our food arrived, both my wife's and my eggs were over easy. So we politely asked to have them cooked a little longer. Our waitress brought the eggs back to the kitchen. Later when she returned with our order, my wife's eggs were cook as ordered (over medium) and mine were still the same (over easy). I again asked the waitress if they could cook my eggs a little longer. Again she brought the eggs back to the kitchen and returned many minutes later with eggs that were cooked over easy. By this point my wife had finished her breakfast so I told the waitress that the eggs are still cooked the exact way (over easy) and to just forget the order.
The manger came to our table to inform me that the eggs (in her opinion) are cooked over medium, inferring that I am wrong. I politely explained that over medium eggs should not have a runny, snotty undercooked appearance. I further explained that if I keep asking for the eggs to be cooked more, then they should not keep coming back to me cooked the same exact way. At this point the manager ( who had a real cavalier attitude) informed me that she will deduct the eggs from the bill and was adamant that I was to pay for every thing else on the plate (i.e. bacon, hash browns, toast etc.). When I asked why I should pay for these items since they were on the plate which was continuously in the kitchen, she stated that I was only dissatisfied with the eggs but everything else was OK. My response was "word of mouth is the best form of advertising, and you want to jeopardize your business over a few lousy dollars". Her response: "do what you have to do, but I am not eating the cost of that meal".
True story, I have not embellished the details of this incident one bit. I have never witnessed or encountered such poor and callous customer service. I will never, ever return to this establishment.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank RichCNM
EggsUpGrill, Owner at Eggs Up Grill, responded to this review, July 30, 2015
Hello RichCNM. It has been some time since your review of us however, I wanted to personally let you know that exceeding our customers expectations and serving high quality foods is our top priority. I realize we may not have impressed you on a previous visit but wanted you to know that we have a renewed focus on these important aspects of our business. Therefore, I wanted to reach out to you and ask that you give us another opportunity to win you over. Stop back by, let me introduce myself, and give us another try.

Thank you in advance for this consideration.

Greenville, South Carolina
“40.00 for cold eggs and burnt toast”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Me my daughter and wife have eaten here a few times before never a problem.We always expect to wait for a table there busy.Today was different,40 minute wait to be seated then the food took forever to come out.We had the steak and eggs and two classic breakfast platers.The eggs were cold on all plates my toast was burnt and had to be returned.After quietly telling the waitress about our issues she laid our check down on the table and just said i'm sorry about that and walked away? end of discussion.As i'm at the counter to pay i realize i was overcharged They charged me for an extra plate of fried potatoes by this point i didn't even want to discuss it anymore after having to wait for someone to even take my money.This may be just a fluke experience but i don't think i will frequent them again anytime soon.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank toddena
EggsUpGrill, Owner at Eggs Up Grill, responded to this review, July 30, 2015
Hello toddena. It has been some time since your review of us however, I wanted to personally let you know that exceeding our customers expectations and serving high quality foods is our top priority. I realize we may not have impressed you on a previous visit but wanted you to know that we have a renewed focus on these important aspects of our business. Therefore, I wanted to reach out to you and ask that you give us another opportunity to win you over. Stop back by, let me introduce myself, and give us another try.

Thank you in advance for this consideration.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Nice menu ”
Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

We went for breakfast and enjoyed the big selection to choose from. Service was fast and friendly. Was very pleased with my half waffle, egg and turkey bacon plate. You'll have to ask for the turkey bacon though - it's not on the menu. The toast comes out cold and dry which makes it hard to butter at the table. All in all it was very good

EggsUpGrill, Owner at Eggs Up Grill, responded to this review, July 30, 2015
Hello CindyRella_10. It has been some time since your review of us however, I wanted to personally say thank you for taking your time to review us and let you know that your comments did not go unnoticed. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope that you have visited with us since your last review. If you have, thank you so much for your patronage. If not, I ask that you join us again - we would love another opportunity to impress you and get to know you better. We hope you serve you soon!