“Customer Since the Middle 1950s” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Woodruff, South Carolina
“Customer Since the Middle 1950s”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been coming to Charlie"s since I have been old enough to go. I am 62 years old and as always "simply love it". The food, the staff, the atmosphere is "the best". It's first class all the way!

• Visited January 2013

Greenwich, Connecticut
“Good food, fair price, wonderful staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

I was visiting colleges with my 18yr old son and we chose Charlie's based on a local's recommendation. I was worried when we walked in as the decor is basic. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the meal. The sirloin steaks were rightly sized (10 oz) and cooked perfectly. The onion rings are the best I have had anywhere. The baked potato was great. The price was fair as well. We left promptly after dining to get to a movie when my son realized that he left his baseball cap there. My phone rang and the manager said that we left a baseball cap at the restaurant. She knew we were heading to a movie and she offered to drop off the hat at our hotel a few blocks away. That is service!!! I will definitely go back if I am in Greenville again.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Richmond, Virginia
“Great quiet place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Very small menu, excellent food. If you want steak, eat here. Anything else, find another venue. Homemade desserts and hand cut steaks are hard to beat.

Visited October 2012
SC
“Locally owned by the same family..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great steaks, great french fries, and located downtown in Greenville.

This is the type of place where they recognize you as a regular even if you haven't been there in months.

Reasonable prices too!

Visited May 2012
Brit Abroad
“Lacking in atmosphere, but you can get a good steak!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I went here for a family meal after doing a bit of research into good steak houses in downtown. Whilst the restaurant isn't exactly up to date and the atmosphere was a little dull, the steaks were excellent value. I think I was the only one that was slightly disappointed with my steak; it was quite tough for a ribeye and I personally don't like my steak with no seasoning whatsoever. However, the rest of our food was good and by all accounts the other steaks were excellent.
I can't say I was wowed by the whole experience, but if you're looking for good steaks at a good price combined with good service, then this place will do just fine.

• Visited September 2012