“Great Local Museum”

Greenville County Museum of Art
Ranked #24 of 95 things to do in Greenville
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Great local museum in downtown Greenville. As other reviewers mention there is an impressive Wyeth collection but the rotating collections are also nice. Examples are of local Greenville and regional southern artists as well as a nice Edgefield district pottery collection. Museum is free but donate to support this great institution. Nice gift shop as well.

1  Thank KABC1980

Reviewed May 15, 2014

This is one of the best art museums in the Southeast. Large collection of Andrew Wyeth. Free, yes free, admission. Worth a trip to Greenville.

1  Thank mangomon1
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the museum. It was very educational. It flowed very well and the exhibits were very engaging.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

As others have mentioned, this museum, though small, is just the right size to spend a few hours. The exhibits change from time to time and we really enjoyed all the local artists plus the Wyeth collection. A nice variety of different artistic styles.

After exploring the museum, I recommend going to the beautiful library in the Heritage Green complex and eating in the cafe. They have a nice selection of sandwiches, salads and homemade soups. Also, even if you are not a library patron, you can make purchases in the gift shop where they sell current paperbacks for $1.00.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Let me start by saying that I am not an art museum person. I like what I like and don't "get" what some "artists" call art. But this is a local art museum where it seems to have been thoughtfully laid out, has a very nice environment, great staff. And, apparently, great art. I enjoyed the hours spent here with my wife while we looked at amazement at some of the "art". Oh, yeah, did I say it is free!

1  Thank WeGetsAround