“Augusta Grill is a hidden gem”
Review of Augusta Grill

Augusta Grill
Ranked #30 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This restaurant shines as a local's favorite, and should receive more recognition than it does. I have received much better meals at Augusta Grill, which is about a mile off of Main Street, than I have at downtown restaurants. The menu is tweaked nightly and has a huge variety of dishes. Augusta Grill keeps it simple by switching out proteins but mostly keeping the sides the same on the entrees and some small plates. Last night I had duck, which was served with a reduction containing actual dime-sized pieces of sauteed foie gras. For $20. Try and find that for $20 downtown.

Augusta Grill is packed on certain nights of the week (for good reason), but I've never had to wait more than a few minutes for a table, and I have yet to go and not see the manager and/or owner out on the floor 90% of the time during my dinner. You won't find haute cuisine here, but you will find personalized service and I guarantee you'll find something on the menu that sparks your interest. The wine list isn't fantastic, but the corkage fee is only $20 (I'm not sure why people think $20 is a high corkage fee; it's really not). No reservations taken.

1  Thank KC042
There are newer reviews for Augusta Grill

Reviewed June 21, 2011

We have eaten at Augusta Grill many times. They have also served larger parties we have attended and hosted. The food is excellent, the staff superb, the menu comforting.

2  Thank SmithMomof2
Reviewed August 20, 2010

The food here is excellent- fresh ingredients, imaginative preparations and enthusiastic if unsophisticated service. Their corkage fee is $20, which most oenophiles and restaurant reviewers at Wine Spectator would think out-of-line, Management might want to consider surveying the other white table service establishments in town.

There is a lot of background noise and tables are too close together. A fast evacuation would be dangerous, if not impossible. . As to the table servers, they tend to be young and positive but not trained beyond the basics. If they could do three things to improve service, these would be: 1. Delete the phrase "you guys" from server vocabularies. 2. Never ask a patron if "you're still working on that" and 3. Serve from the right, take away from the left.

Overall one can have an enjoyable dining experience here but most be somewhat tolerant of inexperienced service and a draconian corkage policy. The food is worth the inconvenience.

4  Thank DickGreenville_SC
Reviewed March 21, 2010

I live across town and so only get the chance to eat here every so often, but every time has far exceeded my expectations. The food is delicious and changes every day, so I always get to try something new. Only once did I have an entree that did not meet my expectations, and the had a new meal out to me in minutes that I loved. I can be demanding at times, but they go so far out of their way to meet every request. The staff is incredibly pleasant and responsive. For service, this is absolutely the best in town and for food, I couldn't be happier. Highly recommend!

3  Thank hartwell68
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I dined at the Augusta Grill last weekend and I was reminded why this is a favorite. The menu was amazing and the food even better. I had the scallops and filet for dinner and my date had the steamed artichoke and grouper. Everything was perfect! Our srver was right on tune. We had everything that we needed b/f needed. It is a must for all

2  Thank marmitage