“I Wish I Liked City Range”
Review of CityRange

CityRange
Reserve with OpenTable
CityRange is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 907 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An upstate favorite where you can enjoy warm hospitality and inspired, award winning menus made fresh daily with craveable American cuisine. We specialize in juicy, tender, sizzling Black Angus steaks, comfort food with a flair; fresh salads and sandwiches, craveable appetizers and decadent desserts.
Greenville, SC
“I Wish I Liked City Range”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I have been to City Range several times because I want to like it. What's not to like? The hostess is friendly and makes you feel welcome. There is a nice warm fire for those chilly nights. The atmosphere is great. The wait staff is very attentive. Up to this point I love it. You order the food and it takes a long time to come out 30- 45 minutes. When the food arrives it always has to be sent back. The steak is always rare no matter how you order it. Once it was not just rare but raw. When you point this out they will take it back and cook the same cut piece of meat. By this time it is cooked to death and very dry and everyone that did not order steak has finished eating. They will then offer you a “free” desert. By this time you are so annoyed you just want to leave. This place really needs a good chef. I will not be back, my money would be better spent at Chick fil a that is in the same parking lot.

• Visited October 2012

Greenville, South Carolina
“Wonderful Food & Dining Experience”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

After doing some shopping in the area, my boyfriend and I decided to eat dinner here. While we had eaten here before, going in the night before Thanksgiving and very close to closing, we did not know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised! Our sever was phenomenal, she took her time in explaining the menu and gave great recommendations on dishes. The food was fresh, hot and perfectly timed as to not rush us through our soup/salad. Also, their house bread is delicous! Very rarely do I review a restaurant without giving any negatives but to say something bad about our recent experience at this City Range would be dishonest. Yes, the food is pricey but for quality and overall experience, I give them 5 gold stars. We will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2012
Cincinnati
“I Want the Steak in the Picture!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

After a hard week of work, my coworkers and myself were ready for a Great Steak. We came into a packed restaurant, smiles on our faces for great dining to come and were seated in the back section of the restaurant. I'm sure most readers will agree, I have never had a great experience, buried out of site, in the back of any establishment, but kept my opinion to myself and perused the menu. I decided on the ribeye, with a sweet potato, salad and a cold beer. The waiter we were assigned, was overloaded with tables and that uneasy feeling began to settle in. It seemed like forever for drinks, bread and to see our salads, to start. The bread was good, the blue cheese dressing was great, but again the time between seeing our courses was becoming farther apart. My steak finally arrived, not resembling anything like the steak picture on the menu and ordering it medium rare at a specialty steak house, should be safe. My piece of meat was still raw, mostly fat, nothing but this meat on a plate and small by any standards. Now at $23.95 a pop, with your aging steaks being the house specialty, I was totally disappointed. I sent it back, my coworkers were now finished eating, before a manager came back with the same chunk, now medium well. I called it quits, was offered a free desert and a bill for a salad and my beer. Our group all agreed, if your going to charge for top shelf beef, please don't do the walmart challenge and use a cheap supplier. Save your money for another steak house.

• Visited October 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
“Very good food”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have eaten here many times and always enjoyed it. It's a nice looking place I like the fireplace, the menu is pricey for the quality of thestood. two times I ate prime rib and it was not worth it to me. On that It's still a good choice to try.

• Visited July 2012
Columbia, SC
“Wonderful server!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant during an overnight trip to Greenville, SC. We were late eating that Saturday and the restaurant is a pretty good size. The food was good but our servier Epiphany was GREAT! She is one of the absolute best servers I have ever had.

I would go back to this restaurant - it felt weird becasue it was so large with so few people there but it was late (after 9:00 pm) and I will say the staff never made us feel unwelcome.

• Visited September 2012