“I Want the Steak in the Picture!”
Review of CityRange

CityRange
Reserve with OpenTable
CityRange is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 967 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: An upstate favorite where you can enjoy warm hospitality and inspired, award winning menus made fresh daily with craveable American cuisine. We specialize in juicy, tender, sizzling Black Angus steaks, comfort food with a flair; fresh salads and sandwiches, craveable appetizers and decadent desserts.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

After a hard week of work, my coworkers and myself were ready for a Great Steak. We came into a packed restaurant, smiles on our faces for great dining to come and were seated in the back section of the restaurant. I'm sure most readers will agree, I have never had a great experience, buried out of site, in the back of any establishment, but kept my opinion to myself and perused the menu. I decided on the ribeye, with a sweet potato, salad and a cold beer. The waiter we were assigned, was overloaded with tables and that uneasy feeling began to settle in. It seemed like forever for drinks, bread and to see our salads, to start. The bread was good, the blue cheese dressing was great, but again the time between seeing our courses was becoming farther apart. My steak finally arrived, not resembling anything like the steak picture on the menu and ordering it medium rare at a specialty steak house, should be safe. My piece of meat was still raw, mostly fat, nothing but this meat on a plate and small by any standards. Now at $23.95 a pop, with your aging steaks being the house specialty, I was totally disappointed. I sent it back, my coworkers were now finished eating, before a manager came back with the same chunk, now medium well. I called it quits, was offered a free desert and a bill for a salad and my beer. Our group all agreed, if your going to charge for top shelf beef, please don't do the walmart challenge and use a cheap supplier. Save your money for another steak house.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have eaten here many times and always enjoyed it. It's a nice looking place I like the fireplace, the menu is pricey for the quality of thestood. two times I ate prime rib and it was not worth it to me. On that It's still a good choice to try.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stumbled upon this restaurant during an overnight trip to Greenville, SC. We were late eating that Saturday and the restaurant is a pretty good size. The food was good but our servier Epiphany was GREAT! She is one of the absolute best servers I have ever had.

I would go back to this restaurant - it felt weird becasue it was so large with so few people there but it was late (after 9:00 pm) and I will say the staff never made us feel unwelcome.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

City Range has a separate bar area with outside seating area which is nice to meet friends for affordable appetizers and drinks during happy hour. The dirty rotten Martinis are fabulous .. if you like green olives stuffed with blue cheese .... indulge in one, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Just my spouse and I, our 3 kids were at camps or vacation bible school. So this was a rare meal for us childless. We had purchased a $30 Living Social voucher and it was expiring in 2 days. Our two previous visits in the past had been great.

Our server really seemed disinterested. Our food came out warm, not hot. Steaks, salmon and mashed potatoes are foods that definitely should be served hot. Not luke warm, I put that on the disinterested server. My ribeye was okay but would have been much better hot. Gotta love the Ruth Chris folks, they understand how to serve a steak. The vegetables that came with our meals were tastey but, again, would have been much better hot and not luke warm. Our Caesar salads were quite good.

Took a long time to get our change when it come time to pay our bill. Our visit was on a Monday night and the restaurant was not busy. There really was not a good reason for the indifferent service that we received and for our food to not come out hot.

See very little reason to return.