“Great food!!”

Ranked #17 of 939 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The food is wonderful and the service is very fast! It is one of our favorite places to go for middle eastern food!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Most of the time, I go to a restaurant to eat. Not to be entertained or impressed or even necessarily comfortable. Pita House is a low key, budget place with stryfoam plates and plastic utensils and paper napkins. You order at the counter and either take the food with you or sit at one ofmthe small, plain tables and bus the table afterward. But, oh the food! Best Middle Eastern food we have had since we went to Turkey, Israel, jordan Greece a few years ago. Extensive menu with awesome kabobs and the creamiest hummus imaginable! Will return absolutely! What a find!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have been eating at this restaurant for over 20 years. Though I no longer live in Greenville, I still try to eat here a few times a year. The felafel is the best I've ever had and I also love the hummus and Chicken Shwarma. My favorite is the Middle East Plate which has a little of everything. There is also a grocery store attached to the restaurant. The atmosphere is somewhat plain but the food can't be beat.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

Needed some ethnic food items that I could not find in the local s/m or the organic stores. Was told that they had a small grocery in the back (true and though not big or extensive, it has everything that you cannot find elsewhere from cheeses to olive oils to Fyllo dough, Tahini, beans, coffee, olives and freshly baked pita - pocket bread) and read all the reviews excellent, good, average and poor bring this establishment in the top 5 - not just top 10 - of Greenville and I decided to also have a meal with my husband. Knowing from Middle Eastern food, we assumed this place would have been the best Middle eastern food outside Middle East!
It is not bad, really but it is NOT NEARLY anywhere close to even top 200/300 restaurants.
First of all, it is not a restaurant! It is a fast food - order at the counter - pay cash only - luncheonette/diner/take out/sit down establishment (if you sit in a staff server will bring you your food in styrofoam plates and cups and plastic utensils
The food was average. Average in everything; quality, freshness, portion size (and a little pricy in my estimation). There is no service obviously, since there is no seating; the building is a commercial structure (they use half of the building as a bakery (pita pockets); the grocery is small but decent and the counter/eating area acceptably clean. I was highly surprised that the pita that came as a side to my order was not warmed, grilled, not even microwaved! Go, have lunch, buy your groceries, take out...do not expect much! As I said it is decently average and it is actually to their credit that they stand there for over 30 years serving their local area and making a decent living....

2  Thank EVADS
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Pita House has been my favorite place for falafels, hummus, etc. for over 30 years! Soft, fresh bread, yummy food, great service. Highly recommended.