“Agreed--Very Good for This Area”
Review of Pita House

Pita House
Ranked #14 of 907 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Chipping Sodbury, United Kingdom
“Agreed--Very Good for This Area”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Decent, authentic, but not exceptional Middle Eastern food. Extremely affordable (they don't even allow tipping!), but it has the ambiance of a clean McDonalds. An excellent place to catch a quick lunch in Greenville, but--go early or late, as it's often packed during the noon hour.

• Visited January 2014

Easley, South Carolina
“Crave this Place”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I have not anything from this place that I didn't LOVE. I literally get cravings for the Pita House. This is a favorite lunch spot of mine. They are very fast and the atmosphere is very simple.

• Visited October 2013
“Great for the area”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Middle Eastern food is probably my favorite and I judge a place like this by it's kabobs and salads. I've been here many times for Schwarma lunches and you can't go wrong for the price. I finally made it our here for dinner and had the kabobs. Two lamb and two chicken. I don't eat beef very often so I avoided the beef options. The kabobs were perfectly cooked and the med style salad very tasty. I've certainly had better lamb either at peoples homes or as you can read in my other reviews in DC. However this is Greenville SC, and I honestly don't think you could do any better. I do feel these guys could be better with some legit competition and offer some more in terms spices and veg options. I don't eat rice much and feel the pilaf was a waste and the Pita bread is not the best even in Greenville. My wife got a tabloui salad and the amount of parsley compared to grain was laughable. It must be the style of the area but I do have to say she got a little ripped off. 5 Stars for lunch any day and a solid 3 1/2 to 4 for dinner makes this place certainly worth the visit. Just don't forget to bring cash no credit cards.. EVER

• Visited January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Best Falafel”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Love this place. Somewhere between Casual dining and fast food, it's very good, very consistent, with excellent, fast service. I always take out of town visitors here. Very large selection of middle-eastern desserts too!! One slight draw back.... CASH ONLY.

• Visited December 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Reasonable and delicious”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is a simple place without fancy pretense. They just make good food. Its paper plates and plastic forks, so if you require linens and silver, go elsewhere, but you will be missing out!
I usually get the middle eastern plate and it is excellent. The Pita is wonderful, the meat tasty and I even love the falafel, which is something I have not liked in any other place serving this type of food. The hummus is also quite tasty. And it is fun to open the pita and stuff it with some hummus, meat, onion and tomato and one of their table sauces. Very good. I must go back again soon.
Highly recommended.