“our first time eating here ... and we were excited..... BUT”

Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game
Ranked #31 of 941 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Saskatoon is a steakhouse like no other in Greenville. Exploring the waters and the fields of the beautiful Northwest, Saskatoon offers you a dining experience rich in aromas, flavors, textures and tastes.From the northwestern corners of the country, we bring you fresh, cold-water salmon, clear river rainbow trout, wild game like elk, pheasant, and bear, plus interesting tastes like emu, portabella mushrooms, and other outdoor treats.Our Saskatoon dining lodge has re-created the look and feel of a Northwest lodge, filled with beautiful pine wood ceiling beams, wall coverings, and furnishings. Our dining lodge has been known to give our customers a "warm, friendly escape from the hectic city life." And each of our wild game trophies on the wall tells a story of remote mountain streams, fields and woods.The Lodge is available for private parties for lunch and Saskatoon features a full service bar. Keep Saskatoon's in mind for your next special event where you need a banquet room for a rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, birthday, or graduation. We also have gift certificates available!
Reviewed March 8, 2014

our family of 5 ate here tonight. we had heard very good things and we drove an hour from out of town. my ribeye had lots of grissel and no flavor, I had to add lots of salt and pepper. My husband got prime rib and it was way to done and he normally LOVES ceaser salad, bit only ate 2 bites and said it tasted old. gator bites for our starter were tough and chewy. we left very disappointed and with our hearts broken that we spent so much money on a meal that 5 out of 5 said that IF we ever went back that we would get something different. soooo sad

Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

We're sorry to hear that you and your party were so disappointed. I got into this business for two reasons: to serve delicious and unique wild game and to put a smile on my customers' faces. I want to personally apologize if we fell short. I'm surprised to hear about your ribeye and your husband's prime rib. Did you happen to let your server know? We'd never want you to eat (let alone, pay for) something you didn't enjoy! The same goes with the salad and gator bites. I can promise you this isn't an accurate reflection of our food or our restaurant in general. I do hope you'll give us another chance when you're in the area. I'm confident we can impress you moving forward!

Cheers,

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat regularly at Saskatoon, and actually have become friends with Edmund and Rene. They really have a servant's heart, and are incredibly good at relationships, as well as diligently savvy in business. My wife always gets the filet, and I always get the rainbow trout with plum sauce, though we have tried other fare in the past, including kangaroo, ostrich, and buffalo. We always get a shrimp skewer for appetizer, though we have also tried some of the more exotic ones like alligator tail.

Atmosphere is perfect for the wild game theme--animal heads, broken canoes, muzzle loaders, and other assorted memorabilia. And the framed articles from the famous advertising campaign back in 2003 ("There's room for all God's creatures--right next to the mashed potatoes" and other catchy slogans) are enjoyable to read time after time.

Their two-decade success is well-earned, as they are some of the most hard-working business owners we know--Edmund spends weekends preparing take-out weekly packages of Paleo diet, another business he has going. In addition, he teaches children at a local martial arts studio he is a business partner in.

We've been going so long, I can't even remember the first time we went! It has to be well over 8 years!

1  Thank Ken S
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thanks for your kind words, Ken! It's always wonderful hearing back from loyal customers. Has it really been 8+ years? Time flies! We work hard to create a truly unique dining experience for our patrons, so comments like these are music to our ears. Next time you need your wild game fix, you've always got a spot at our table!

Be well,
Edmund

Reviewed March 2, 2014

First of all, Saskatoon used to be a frequent habit for my husband and myself. Due to varied circumstances, none of which were due to anything Saskatoon did, we had not been there in several years. Last night, we corrected that problem...and it was awesome! From the moment we walked in, we were treated like family that had been missed! Rene even remembered what we drank! The majority of the staff was still there (which always says wonderful things about a restaurant), and the Elk Tenderloin was simply out of this world!! God I've missed you! And the best thing? It's NOT located on Woodruff Road!! Please never move! What a nightmare!

1  Thank rosanne k
Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Problem solved, Rosanne! We missed you too and couldn't be happier that you made a triumphant return. We're getting hungry just reading this review! Thank you for mentioning that you were treated like family — we always want our guests to feel at home. Looking forward to seeing you back here soon. Another delicious meal awaits!

Be well,

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Saskatoon. First we shared an order of the smoked wild game sausage (wild boar, pheasant, and buffalo i think!), all very tasty. For dinner, I ordered the venison loin chops, which were absolutely delicious, cooked perfectly and very tender. I thought I ordered the best thing on the menu until my wife gave me a taste of the ostrich filet she ordered. WOW, it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Both meals came with potato wedges and house veggies. While the portions were not huge, they were definitely enough to finish everything on our plates and leave us satisfied. The service was also excellent. Our server, Tyler, was very attentive, did not rush us at all, even though the restaurant was packed (Valentines weekent). He was well informed of everything on the menu. We skipped dessert, but the table next to us order some chocolate mousse cake which looked fantastic!
After the meal, we commented that we had forgotten what fine dining is all about, as we mostly go to family type restaurants that are loud, cheap(er), and so-so, where they tend to rush you in and out. Here we relaxed, conversed, and enjoyed a great meal! I guess it helps to leave the kids home sometimes! If you are looking for a great place for the someone special in your life. this is the place. Nothing negative to say about it ... well maybe it's more pricey than we are used to, but the experience made it worth it!

Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

"Melt-in-your-mouth delicious" is always what we're going for, Michael! Thank you for this wonderful feedback. Nowadays, everybody seems to be in a rush, so I'm glad we could remind you of what fine dining is all about! Next time you need a night out and are feeling adventurous, our door's always open.

Take care,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Saskatoon has great food, no doubt about that. The ostrich is melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The bread pudding makes you want to weep for joy. The elk was perfection. But not all the servers are that wonderful; ours was very laid back (almost too laid back), but a neighboring table had a waitress who looked as though she was ready to whip the snot out of anybody in her path. But still, everyone has a bad day, so maybe it was just a bad night for her. My biggest complaint is about the physical restaurant itself. Restrooms are important to me. If the restroom is not clean, I usually don't return to that restaurant. Saskatoon's restrooms were not clean--the ceiling vents were moldy and the room was just a bit too grimy for being an "upscale" dining experience. The wall of the booth behind us had food smeared on the wall, and although both the busboy and the server must have noticed it, neither made an attempt to wipe it off. Little things like that add up, which is why, although the food is excellent, the experience is not--definitely not worth the $100 tab for two people.

Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

You're absolutely right. Little things do add up, and I want to apologize for this disappointing experience on your most recent visit. I'm particularly upset because I hate to think we lost a customer who appreciates and enjoys our unique dishes—"melt-in-your-mouth" is always what we're going for. You can bet that I'll be speaking with my staff about your concerns. We take cleanliness very seriously, so I can promise you this is not an accurate reflection of our service, our attitude or our business in general. Would you mind emailing me with the day and time you dined with us? I'd like to look into this for you personally.

Once again, I'm truly sorry for this frustrating experience, and I look forward to continuing this conversation.

Much appreciated,