“Excellent as always!”

Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game
Ranked #30 of 934 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Saskatoon is a steakhouse like no other in Greenville. Exploring the waters and the fields of the beautiful Northwest, Saskatoon offers you a dining experience rich in aromas, flavors, textures and tastes.From the northwestern corners of the country, we bring you fresh, cold-water salmon, clear river rainbow trout, wild game like elk, pheasant, and bear, plus interesting tastes like emu, portabella mushrooms, and other outdoor treats.Our Saskatoon dining lodge has re-created the look and feel of a Northwest lodge, filled with beautiful pine wood ceiling beams, wall coverings, and furnishings. Our dining lodge has been known to give our customers a "warm, friendly escape from the hectic city life." And each of our wild game trophies on the wall tells a story of remote mountain streams, fields and woods.The Lodge is available for private parties for lunch and Saskatoon features a full service bar. Keep Saskatoon's in mind for your next special event where you need a banquet room for a rehearsal dinner, bachelor party, birthday, or graduation. We also have gift certificates available!
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Yes it's pricey, but it's worth it!! Ordered venison chops and my husband order prime rib. As always it far succeeded my expectations. Still our fav restaurant!!

Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thanks for this wonderful feedback! We're so glad we exceeded your expectations. Great call on our venison chops — that's one of my personal favorites. Next time you're celebrating a special occasion or just need a night out, our door is always open!

All the best,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My family and I went to Saskatoon a few nights ago. I was looking forward to eating wild game, as I have never had it at a restaurant. I was really impressed with the menu!

We tried the appetizer trio, it was fantastic!

My wife had the Kangaroo (it was on special) and she was very happy with it. I had the elk. It was perfectly cooked. We didn't have any dessert, but I'm sure that it would have been great too. I highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to try something different.

Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

We're so glad you and your family had a fun experience with us, Micah. Thanks for giving our unique dishes a try! Great call on our appetizer trio — that's one of my personal favorites. Anything on our menu catch your eye for next time? Our dessert can't be missed!

Hope to see you and your family back here soon,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was a first time eatting here.My boyfriend ordered the buffalo flank and I ordered the ostrich steak. Tyler our server was so very gracious. He asked both our first names and addressed us by our names. His explanation of the specials was outstanding and he recommended the ostrich to me. I also got the diced potato cooked in olive oil and garlic which was fantastic. The bread was mediocre at best. The salad was good. Not over dressed and fresh. The price for the type food was reasonable. @ $22 for the buffalo and @ $26 for the ostrch. I am anxious to go back with a group. Seems like it would be fun to try different types of meat!

Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thanks for spreading the good word about us. We love introducing our menu to new diners—there are so many unique options! Great call on our ostrich; that's one of my personal favorites. I'm sorry you thought the bread was just mediocre—is there anything you would change about it? We're all ears! Anything on our menu catch your eye for next time? Our bacon wrapped scallops would be a tasty place to start.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Service was excellent(Randy and the other wait staff). Descibed the food very well , always attentative and polite. Food portion is very good. We had the mixed grill, elk and kangaroo. All were good. Thought the elk was marinated too long. Maybe that is by design due to this being wild game. Had the chocolate moose pie for dessert. (this is sized for sharing)The moose is good ,but the brownie crust was dry. Overall food was good, but I think due to the marinade used I would probably get the cedar plank salmon,trout or filet next time.I know the inside is suppose to look like a lodge, but it looks a little tired and maybe time for some renovation.Saskatoon has been around for awhile. So it is doing something right.So if downtown Greenville drives you nuts give Saskotoon's a try. One could do worse.

Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thanks for this honest feedback. We pride ourselves on attentive and friendly service, so I'm glad Randy treated you right! While it's wonderful you thought everything was "good," we're always looking to give our guests a truly memorable experience, so I'd love to get some more feedback from you.

How would you have preferred your elk be cooked instead? What sort of marinade would you have preferred? The same goes with our chocolate pie—was the crust not flaky or crumbly enough? Any more information is greatly appreciated!

Hope to see you back here soon. I'm confident we can really impress you moving forward!

All the best,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Ate dinner here tonight and was disappointed with the food and service. This place used to win Best of Greenville awards. Best advice is to spend your money elsewhere. The food is exotic, but is mediocre at best. The service was poor. I was told our appetizer was coming for 15 minutes, when it got there it was Luke warm. The two sauces that came with the appetizers had skin in top they'd been sitting around so long.

Hate to see this place languish, but the competition down town is too much for them. For the same amount and 5 more miles of driving, you can do MUCH better.

Edmund W, Owner at Saskatoon Steaks Fish Wild Game, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks for your feedback, Tim. Above all, we want our diners to have the best experience possible—from the moment they walk in to the moment they leave—so if you're disappointed, then so am I. Your appetizer definitely shouldn't have been lukewarm. I can promise you we make everything fresh, so it hadn't been sitting out long. Did you let your server know it wasn't warm enough? We would have been happy to fix that for you. If you have any more feedback for us, I'm all ears!

I hope you'll give us another chance to knock it out of the park for you moving forward.

Much appreciated,