“A good choice for lunch or dinner”

California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #58 of 1,078 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: California Dreaming serves up giant-sized portions of much-loved American classics like mouthwatering, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, slow-cooked Prime Rib and the California Dreaming Salad – loaded with ham, turkey, cheddar and jack cheeses, eggs, tomatoes, almonds, topped with ham and bacon. The menu specialties are complemented by creative cocktails in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Offering large party carry-out and catering; curbside to go; seasonal patio dining; late night bar bites and accessibility for groups.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The wife and I went on a Saturday night. We have been here a few times but not for about a year. The car park was crowded and we feared a long wait but we managed to get a table straight away. Our food was very good. I had the Chicken BBQ nachos and the wife had She Crab soup. I also like the brisket sandwich here. The salads are great too. Prices are 10 - 30 dollars for an entrée. The bar is good and will make you any cocktail you fancy. I have never worked out why the décor is medieval England - what's the connection with California? The only negatives about this place are the view of I85 and the lighting is a bit low for my tastes at night. I need glasses to read the menu when its dark.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (415)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed a nice meal at this establishment with some friends. We were seated promptly even without reservation. The waiter was quick to take our beverage order and we enjoyed those refreshments while we reviewed the menu. We ordered a wide variety of entree’s. The Roasted Salmon with rosemary and thyme was delicious. The Shrimp San Francisco got a thumbs up, The Salmon dinner salad was given a positive review and the Shrimp Po Boy was given an average review. The portions were generous and the service was attentive. Worth considering.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 4, 2019

Six of us went there for lunch after a BMW tour. The burgers were cooked exactly as we wanted them. It wasn't busy at all, so we didn't have to wait. Some of us had burgers, some of us had sandwiches. No matter what we had, the food was good and hot. I would go back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 21, 2019

We ate at a table in the bar. Service was fine. The menu is not extensive but the entrees were varied. We both had a sirloin steak - medium. It was delicious. The wine selection wasn't that great, but it did the job. A good red with a steak. I have to say, the building is weird - it's like a castle, but called California Dreaming.... We asked the server and they were well versed in the who and the why. Very cool idea.. Anyway, we will be back here if we are back in Greenville.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

Visited this location on July 22 @755P for dinner and had the crab soup and the California Dreaming salad. Both dishes for filling and satisfying.

Service was horrible! I waited 15 minutes for my soup appetizer then another 15 minutes for my salad. Poor communications between the kitchen and the runners. The sad part was the restaurant was not even busy at that time!

Great food...but don't eat here if you are expecting prompt service

Date of visit: July 2019