“OMG Croissants!”

Ranked #51 of 958 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: California Dreaming serves up giant-sized portions of much-loved American classics like mouthwatering, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, slow-cooked Prime Rib and the California Dreaming Salad – loaded with ham, turkey, cheddar and jack cheeses, eggs, tomatoes, almonds, topped with ham and bacon. The menu specialties are complemented by creative cocktails in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Offering large party carry-out and catering; curbside to go; seasonal patio dining; late night bar bites and accessibility for groups.
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Based on the name of the restaurant "California Dreaming", you might think it carries all healthy and organic meals, but no, this is the restaurant for foodies who don't mind a little calories, fat, and carbs. There is nothing that foodies won't eat. There are a few healthy menu items that sound just as good. One appetizer that I wholeheartedly recommend is a plate of croissants with honey butter melted on top of them. You will destroy them in a minute. They are that good. And then another croissant will come with your meal. Not that I mind. I ordered Broiled Salmon Salad and Baked Potato Soup. I might need to order those again because they were good. The decor of the restaurant looks more like a formal dining establishment with the servers in their best uniforms, but a formal attire is not necessary for the diners.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

This one restaurant is one of those that just fails to impress. I go here from time to time. This last time, I noticed they had taken out one of the items which I usually ordered (small filet mignon and shrimp), which I believe the price was around 18.99. The one option for fillet mignon was priced at 29.99. Why so pricey? Of course, I didn't order it as I though the price is way too much, and that the other option was more reasonable. If the meat is not great, you won't be mourning the price you paid for it. You will, with this 30 bucks option.
Mixed drinks are 6.99, which I ordered, but could not taste the alcohol. Too expensive to wonder if I got a virgin drink.
The salad is good, though I'd highly recommend getting rid of the sweet crescent roll that comes with it. The butter drips all over and is not appetizing.
Sorry to say this place just fails to impress.

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Hi, Yes, the Filet Medallions were removed from our menu a little over a year ago. Our current, USDA Choice Filet has always been on our menu. It's nearly the highest quality meat you can buy. Fresh, never frozen, I'm sorry you didn't order it. Thank you for the props on our honey-butter croissants, they truly are delicious!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had the prime rib sandwich and it was a little dry and bland. My son had a plain burger and he also said it was okay. My husband had nachos and he said it was okay as well. For dessert we had the cheesecake and that was really good. Overall food is kinda pricey but the service was A+. Our server rocked. Will I go back? No

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

We work hard to make our restaurant unique and provide high quality food at affordable prices. Everything is fresh, never frozen. I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

It's been a long time since I dined at California Dreamin' (first time here) but this location has all the attention to detail that I appreciated in Columbia, SC. Four of us dined at a bar table and our waitress was engaging, cordial, fun and especially attentive. Food was as good as expected and atmosphere was friendly. Lots of TVs in the bar to watch sports.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

The CA Dreaming salad is without a doubt one of the best chain restaurant salads in the country. Have never been able to finish one they are so large!

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Thank you! We're blushing... #bestsaladever