“Great menu choices”

Ranked #41 of 907 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: California Dreaming serves up giant-sized portions of much-loved American classics like mouthwatering, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, slow-cooked Prime Rib and the California Dreaming Salad – loaded with ham, turkey, cheddar and jack cheeses, eggs, tomatoes, almonds, topped with ham and bacon. The menu specialties are complemented by creative cocktails in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Offering large party carry-out and catering; curbside to go; seasonal patio dining; late night bar bites and accessibility for groups.
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great menu choices”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have eaten at California Dreaming for more than 20 years. Beginning with Columbia, SC, to Charleston, SC. And Greenville, SC doesn't fail to deliver. The updated menu still contains some long standing favorites, prime rib, signature salad, and plenty of variety to choose from. Service was very good, we never had to ask for tea or coffee refills. Very enjoyable and atmosphere is inviting. I recommend eating here above all other places in this tiny restaurant row.

Greenville, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“really”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

suburban restaurant. Decent meal. Absolutely remarkable in no way. There are many better options to spend your money on food

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Lisa K
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Lisa, I'm sorry to hear we didn't "wow" you.
Landrum
“We were asked to leave!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Always lived this place until our last visit. We were with some friends whom we don't get to see very often and upon arrival were seated fairly quickly. I ordered the prime rib which I usually do and was dismayed to discover it was awful--full of gristle. Well I was enjoying the company of our companions so I didn't send it back or anything, thinking well it could be worse and I was right, it got worse. After being there under an hour the manager approached us and said he would buy us a dessert to go if he could have our table! Apparently he wanted to seat a large party and wanted our table to shove together with another one. Of course we left and since my prime rib was so bad and the ill treatment we experienced my husband has vowed to never return.

• Visited October 2012
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I apologize that you table was rushed along, free dessert or not. This is 100% not our standard practice. At your convenience, could you supply me with your contact information for our Operating Partner to reach out regarding this situation: amber@centraarchy.com. Thank you.
“Was great, then let down.”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch on our way back from Seneca. Started out with a delicious sweet tea and some honey croissants. Ordered the traditional nachos which were awesome. But then the let downs came. No refills on the tea. Wrong salad dressing. Ordered the filet mignon and it was just ok. I had to use steak sauce. That's bad. I got the linguini pasta as a side and it was near cold. Just a huge let down, and overpriced. I hate leaving negative reviews, but maybe this establishment can use this for improvements.

• Visited September 2013
CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. I'm sorry that we did not meet your expectations and did not live up to our own high standards on service and attention. In the future, you can always speak to a manager while in the restaurant, they will ensure you have a fantastic dining experience.
Reno, Nevada
“Very pleased”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went here for lunch today and it was great. The service was quick and the food was delicious. They have very nice salads, steaks, and pasta. It's not that expensive either. I would definitely recommend it for anyone visiting the Greenville area.