“roach in salad”

Ranked #35 of 934 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: California Dreaming serves up giant-sized portions of much-loved American classics like mouthwatering, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, slow-cooked Prime Rib and the California Dreaming Salad – loaded with ham, turkey, cheddar and jack cheeses, eggs, tomatoes, almonds, topped with ham and bacon. The menu specialties are complemented by creative cocktails in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Offering large party carry-out and catering; curbside to go; seasonal patio dining; late night bar bites and accessibility for groups.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife ordered a large salad and about half way through her lunch a dead cock roach appeared in the salad.

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I am sorry that this occurred. I was wondering if you brought it to the attention of one of the Managers? Our restaurant is pretreated for pests on a monthly basis, and we have had no report from guests or our pest control company regarding incidents in or outside of the restaurant. Again, we apologize for this experience.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

$2 house liquor specials every night (not sure about the weekends, but definitely Mon-Thr) The atmosphere is very nice, the service was excellent and the food was incredible. They have the absolute best chicken fingers, which I normally would never order, but these are something else. The California Dreaming sauce is fantastic as well, I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Friendly staff and extensive menu. Beren here a few times and staff and food is better in evening when they are busy! Early dinner is slow and food not as tasty

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was not my first time and it’s still a great place to come and eat. Food and service is consistently great. You can also enjoy the view of the expressway (I-85). There’s a sense of high end dining with good sized portions without the price. It tends to get busy so plan accordingly.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Friends and I gathered at this California Dreaming for a birthday celebration. The staff was nice and accommodating, very patient as our party trickled in. Unfortunately, the staff is the end of the positives. The food was overdone and overpriced. I ordered "roasted" salmon that had clearly been fried (very greasy). Besides being burned, I had to return the first salmon they brought out because it was completely buried in salty seasoning. Sadly the best tasting part of the meal were wings we ordered as appetizers. Based on the quality of the food and the price, I do not recommend.

Also if you have food allergies, be careful. I made them aware of my allergy to almonds and still found them in my salad.

CA_Centraarchy, Public Relations Manager at California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thanks for the compliments, we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Happy Holidays!