“Pricey but good food”

Ranked #32 of 941 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: California Dreaming serves up giant-sized portions of much-loved American classics like mouthwatering, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, slow-cooked Prime Rib and the California Dreaming Salad – loaded with ham, turkey, cheddar and jack cheeses, eggs, tomatoes, almonds, topped with ham and bacon. The menu specialties are complemented by creative cocktails in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Offering large party carry-out and catering; curbside to go; seasonal patio dining; late night bar bites and accessibility for groups.
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The restaurant has an extensive menu. Nothing extraordinary...just American food of high quality. We were there more than a year ago so things may have changed. It is in an excellent location just of Highway #85 (exit 54) and there are several other restaurants there as well.

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is way from downtown. It's out near I85 at Pelham rd. I like the food at C.D. But if your family is on a budget this place can get pricey. My favorite dish is the seafood nachos. The steaks are good but it hurts to pay so much for it.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

It would be good to be able to read the menu and actually see what is served on your plate...without feeling the need to constantly squint like your eyesight is rapidly failing because it's so dark in there!

1  Thank Anji W
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fun castle atmosphere. The food portions were royal, especially the fish nachos. Salads should be knighted. Appears to be a popular place for locals and travelers.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I spent 3 months in the early 90's on business in Greenville. I ate at California Dreaming at least one night and most times 2 nights during these trips. We loved California Dreaming back then. I had the opportunity to visit Greenville nearly 2 decades later and we ate at California Dreaming. Well, I was very pleased with the quality of the food and the ambience. Little has changed in 20 years. The service is exactly as I remembered it, friendly and efficient. The food was great. I had the ribs which were tender, fall of the bone and lightly charred. My wife had the flounder. My son had the filet which he claimed was excellent. The servings were so large that my wife and I had the same thing for dinner the next night thanks to "doggie bags".

I felt the prices were reasonable. In fact based upon the rule of 72 the food inflation rate was about 2 percent--not bad. I would highly recommend California Dreaming