“Away from downtown” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar

California Dreaming Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #34 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: California Dreaming serves up giant-sized portions of much-loved American classics like mouthwatering, “fall-off-the-bone” baby back ribs, slow-cooked Prime Rib and the California Dreaming Salad – loaded with ham, turkey, cheddar and jack cheeses, eggs, tomatoes, almonds, topped with ham and bacon. The menu specialties are complemented by creative cocktails in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Offering large party carry-out and catering; curbside to go; seasonal patio dining; late night bar bites and accessibility for groups.
“Away from downtown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is way from downtown. It's out near I85 at Pelham rd. I like the food at C.D. But if your family is on a budget this place can get pricey. My favorite dish is the seafood nachos. The steaks are good but it hurts to pay so much for it.

• 2 of 5 bubbles

Greenville, South Carolina, United States
“Way too dark”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

It would be good to be able to read the menu and actually see what is served on your plate...without feeling the need to constantly squint like your eyesight is rapidly failing because it's so dark in there!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Anji W
Mobile
“Towering Nachos”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Fun castle atmosphere. The food portions were royal, especially the fish nachos. Salads should be knighted. Appears to be a popular place for locals and travelers.

• Visited September 2012
Brevard, NC
“Just What I remembered”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I spent 3 months in the early 90's on business in Greenville. I ate at California Dreaming at least one night and most times 2 nights during these trips. We loved California Dreaming back then. I had the opportunity to visit Greenville nearly 2 decades later and we ate at California Dreaming. Well, I was very pleased with the quality of the food and the ambience. Little has changed in 20 years. The service is exactly as I remembered it, friendly and efficient. The food was great. I had the ribs which were tender, fall of the bone and lightly charred. My wife had the flounder. My son had the filet which he claimed was excellent. The servings were so large that my wife and I had the same thing for dinner the next night thanks to "doggie bags".

I felt the prices were reasonable. In fact based upon the rule of 72 the food inflation rate was about 2 percent--not bad. I would highly recommend California Dreaming

• Visited September 2012
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Not What I Remembered”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

I lived in Charleston many years ago and ate at their location on the river...always a great experience and I was hoping to recall fond memories. I ordered my favorites, ribs, creamed spinach and salad. Salad was good but far too much lettuce in the mix. Creamed Spinach was very good. Ribs were burnt and dry. I was surprised that we arrived around 7:00 and the restaurant was about two thirds empty. Now I know.

• Visited August 2012