“Quiet place to watch TV with food”

Mimi's Steak House of Japan
Ranked #649 of 907 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Quiet place to watch TV with food”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Ok, we've been to Mimi's several times in Greer and woodruff road. Sushi sometimes tastes stale, hibachi is ok but sometimes the meat is less quality. Best thing is that it's quiet later at night but then they are in a hurry to close the kitchen. After years going there, Mimi the owner has never once spoken to us despite seeing us many times. Her husband is friendlier. We go there mainly to get a late meal with enough to take home. Sakura is much better , food, owners and all.

2 Thank PaulB499

Greenville, South Carolina
“Sushi was disappointing”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was not impressed with the sushi....average at best.

1 Thank raquel8d
Greenville
“Food Poisioning”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Our whole department went here for a birthday lunch celebration and we all ended up with food poisioning. It was horrible. I definitly will not be back.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank MommaRoss
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting sushi and horrible service. Would not recommend.”
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Although the hibachi was palatable, my sushi tasted like it had been sitting out for a few days and management refused to remove it from my tab. Our waiter left a plastic drink tray on the flat top cooking service that (obviously to everyone at the table but him) proceeded to melt leaving a fair amount of plastic to be mixed in with our food later. I eat a lot of sushi and this is the first time I have sent anything back. I would avoid this establishment like the plague.

1 Thank Gvilleout
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be good...”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We used to go to Mimi's often and the Hibachi and Sushi bar used to be good. However, in the past year the quality of food and service has become horrible! The salmon at the sushi bar was served with the fatty grey layer on it. When I pointed this out the sushi chef he started to argue with me. We were charged the full fee although we sent it back. Very reluctantly they removed the charge from the bill after checking with the owner. Nobody ever apologized.
An even more horrible experience was Christmas eve, a previous family tradition to eat at Mimi's. I don't even know where to begin. Although we had reservations, we had to wait 1 1/2 hours for a table. The waiter was very young and inexperienced and the owner made a point in yelling at him in front of everyone. Everyone seemed stressed out, they could not get any drink orders right and the beef was chewy and simply a low quality meat. The salmon was overcooked. There was constant yelling from the owner and her staff. Can't you train your staff before Christmas eve? Neatless to say, we will never return to Mimi's!

1 Thank Geenaaa