“If you've been to one hibachi you've been to them all..”

Mimi's Steak House of Japan
Ranked #656 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 15, 2011

We  had a very large group (14) and even though we had a reservation we still had to wait an hour. The restaurant did seem busy though and the hostess was very quick to assist anyone that walked in for a table.

The food was standard nothing bad nor spectacular. Our waiter was very polite and attentive, "Stick" was his name and he kept the table laughing.  Our cook was full of tricks with eggs, fire and his spatula and fed us as quickly as possible.

There are newer reviews for Mimi's Steak House of Japan

Reviewed November 9, 2011

We recently visited SC to visit family and ate at Mimi's after the flight before heading south. There were four of us and everyone of us enjoy all facets of our meal. for a burger to wraps and salads and soups, they did a good job. The drinks were also excellent. It was good enough that we stopped back there for lunch 5 days later on the way back to the airport. We each had something different (except for one of us, who loved the pumpkin spice martini to much to switch) and were again pleased. The service is pretty good, but was a little worse the second visit, but not bad enough to discourage us.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Ice tea was served with a brown lemon. Sashimi pieces were small but tasty. Edamame was brought to me as a courtesy for having to wait, but they were old and had no flavor. Bad night or ?. Not sure I will be back.

1  Thank cltyank
Reviewed October 6, 2011

We just dined at Mimi's for lunch today with some colleagues. Not from Greenville, and never having been to one of these types of restaurants before, I really have nothing to compare it to. I thought the food was good, flavorful, lots of it, and obviously served hot. The "show" was ok. Nothing fantastic, but cool nonetheless. I prefer sushi to the "steak house" dining. But it is worth a try.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I have ate lunch in the dining room at Mimi's before with a large group of my co-workers and we all enjoyed our food, however, today my take out order experience was less than favorable. I picked up 2 lunches from Mimi's for my co-worker and myself, I then drove back to work and after enjoying my soup I opened my lunch and discovered a long black hair intertwined in the chicken. I called Mimi's right away and explained the issue. I was told to bring the meal back and they would prepare a new one. The manager said it was probably her hair and apologized. I then drove back to Mimi's from work and was given a replacement lunch for the one I returned. Again she apologized saying it was probably her hair because she had been in the back working with the boys. She handed me the meal and that was it. I feel that she should have offered some type of refund. I had to leave work and drive back to pick up a hair free meal. I appreciate her saying sorry but after all the driving and losing my appetite I expected a little more customer service. I will not be returning and I will pass on this experience to anyone who asks and to all my co-workers.

1  Thank lauralie