“Great lunch at great price!”

India Palace Restaurant
Ranked #206 of 948 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I went to India Palace for lunch w/ a friend; it was past 1:00 so got seated & served quickly. I was torn on what to get b/c so many choices & the waiter suggested a non-vegetarian option that gave you 3 different types of chicken, also included a yogurt type sauce, an Indian-style cooked chicken leg, a cabbage dish, & rice. I also ordered allo naan bread, which has I believe peas & potatoes in it, and was very good. I had the Indian spiced ice tea, and all this was included in the lunch special (the naan bread & tea were included) & lunch was less than $10 for a huge amount of food. My friend ordered the, I forget exact name, but lamb curry & also ordered bread on side, & she really enjoyed it too. The papadam (paper-thin crispy bread) & chutney they start you out with is amazing as well. We ate almost every bit of our food. They have this bowl of I believe is anise & fennel seeds on the way out the door; get a scoop of that & supposed to help w/ digestion & breath. Very good experience; worth the over 45min drive!!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We've been coming here for 20 years and is hands down our favorite restaurant. Today they outdid themselves. Went in late, around 2pm, and they were extra crowded, but they did everything perfect. Onion chutney with pappadom brought promptly (even got a refill), order was taken promptly, food came out quickly and hot, and each dish \was done to perfection. Grandson had Lamb Kourma, wife had saag paneer, and I had chicken saag paneer with 2 indian hots. Everything was perfect.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

And Indian friend recommended India Palace a couple of months ago, saying it was her favorite in Greenville. Since her 'tip', I've found myself on something of an Indian binge. And after testing her recommedation going on a half dozed times recently, I can say that India Palace is now my Indian favorite too. I can't imagine anyone not loving it.

Four of us went last Saturday. The more the merrier. Sub continent appetisers and entree items share easily.....so with items purposely selected for heat and spice from all corners of the wide ranging menu, a large basket of wonderful bread, bottles of every Indian beer offered, and after what seemed like gallons of their sweet tea, we enjoyed a full-on feast. Lots of oooh-ing and awe-ing throughout our meal.

India Palace is not fancy or fine. Its homey and welcoming. Their
food has a deliciously homey quality too. Each dish is carefully prepared and popping with flavor. Everything is exceedingly fresh, and whether omnivor, carnivor, or vegan, you will find plenty to love. The staff clearly aims to please.

Other Indian friends suggest one needs to travel to Atlanta to find what they'd call 'truly great Indian food'. But to have a great little spot like India Palace right here to enjoy any time I want it, and I seem to want it a lot lately......well, I count us as being pretty lucky.

Gotta believe you'll enjoy it too.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The restaurant used be one of Greenville's good restaurant but from last few years it has steadily gone downhill. The food is not of good quality and service is bad, the owners and managers have strange attitude towards customers. I would not recommend this restaurant

Reviewed October 9, 2012

What is a Curry House, you may ask?? Same sauce on every dish.
If you just want Curry, it is okay, but every dish looks the same to me.
One bright note - service is excellent and the management is very personable.