“Stellar Side-of-the-Road BBQ Stand”
Review of Henry's Smokehouse

Henry's Smokehouse
Ranked #84 of 1,078 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A Greenville staple with first-class BBQ at a fair price. Popular with everyone from corporate suits to construction overalls, millennials to retirees. Limited inside seating, but a nice new arbor outside is perfect when the weather's good. Great for take-out, too.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (195)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Need a quick bite? The Pulled Pork & Fries are always ready to make your pork dreams come true. Add the Henry's Spicy Mustard Sauce to everything(great on the fries). The building may seem small but they turn the food out quick.

Reviewed September 14, 2019

We love to purchase our combined birthday dinner here. We have a bunch of May birthdays, so we all celebrate one time. This is the favorite place for that and for our 4th of July eats. Friendly, patient people who don’t hurry you through the choices but are willing to recommend and help with quantities. Excellent food! Good prices! The best sweet tea, and banana pudding.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019

We stopped in for lunch due to the ratings being pretty good. My wife ordered a pulled pork sandwich and had fries and slaw for her two sides. I ordered the half rack of ribs also with fries and slaw.
You order you meal and pay for it, then they tell you what number you are and a few minutes later a server brings your food.
My wife tried her sandwich and didn't like it at all. It was pretty tasteless for pulled pork. Pulled pork should have a good smokey flavor to it, and this was terrible. My ribs were pretty good, but I have had better at other BBQ places in the area. Both of our fries were glued together with grease. Neither one of us ate more than a couple of fries. I liked the slaw, but my wife didn't care for it. This is a small location with seating for approximately twenty or so people inside with additional seating outside. Overall a very disappointing experience.

1  Thank TB149
Reviewed July 26, 2019 via mobile

We have enjoyed Henry’s for many years and look forward to many more! For lunch today, I honestly believe they have gotten better.
Their sandwich plates are very delicious and the serving size is very generous. Try their hash, it’s just as good as their “naked” pork.
I highly suggest any of their locations in the Greenville area...they’re all delicious with very friendly staff!

Date of visit: July 2019