“Loved it” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Soby's

Soby's
Reserve with OpenTable
Soby's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: East Court St.
Description: Soby's New South Cuisine is a blend of contemporary cuisine infused with traditional southern ingredients. The restaurant opened in 1997 and is housed in the warm environment of a renovated, century-old building and has a mezzanine level that can accommodate large parties ordering a la carte. Starting with fresh, seasonal ingredients, our chefs transform Southern favorites into something comfortable and fresh. The wine list is a consistent winner of Wine Spectator and Wine Enthusiast awards. Signature dishes include Barbecue Shrimp and Grits, Fried Green Tomatoes with Jalapeno Pimento Cheese, and Crab Cakes Remoulade.
sevierville
“Loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Restaurant is beautiful and the food was very delicious. Service was outstanding. Ask for Lisa S. She is so sweet and the best waitress we have had anywhere in awhile. We loved everything.

Oviedo, Florida
“I don't get the fan base”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is the one restaurant I heard the most about. All good. I went last Thursday night and it was packed. The hostess' were great about getting us in. I ordered the Grilled Flat Iron Steak. Our server was very nice but didn't hear me when I changed the temperature from rare to medium rare as I said I was afraid it would come out to raw. And it did. It came with mashed potatoes that were cool. I think the steak would have been good if it had been cooked as I wanted it and the potatoes were warm. The bread that was served was not very eventful either. My companion however loved his dish.

The restaurant was also very very busy and noisy. Not my style. However the building and decor were trendy and attractive. I likely wouldn't go back again.

Visited April 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh food...good lunch spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Lunch was great and affordable. Very fresh. We actually went to Soby's on the Side. It was recommended and we just walked in...not realizing it was primarily for "take out". Limited seating. One particular girl was not my favorite behind the counter, but the food was good.

Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Memorable Sunday Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Most enjoyed: Create-it-yourself Bloody Marys and pick-out-your-favorites brunch stations.
Best flavors: Creamiest grits casserole, shepherd's pie, leafy green salads, chef-cut ribs, and the to-die-for chocolate crème brulee on the dessert bar.

Visited March 2014
Newberry, South Carolina
“Best Brunch in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went for Sunday brunch with friends the morning after our wedding; our server provided my wife and me free flutes of champagne! The brunch at Soby's is absolutely to die for. Three different buffets - including a dessert buffet! Made-to-order omelets, great grits and corned beef for St. Patrick's day. Lingered for a couple of hours talking with friends and family. Absolutely wonderful.

• Visited March 2014