“Usual fare -- good but not cooked right”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #297 of 917 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Greenville, South Carolina
“Usual fare -- good but not cooked right”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

It's been a while since my wife and I have been to Outback and we decided to return during their all you can eat shrimp special. We both ordered the 6 oz. sirloin and a salad -- I had a baked potato and my wife had a sweet potato. I ordered my steak medium well and she ordered hers medium. Hers was almost as done as mine -- definitely not 'medium'. Hers had very little pink and a lot of gray. When our waitress checked back my wife asked fro some steak sauce -- a definite sign that it was not cooked to her desire. My wife showed the waitress how it was overcooked and the waitress agreed and offered another steak. My wife is not usually one to complain so she just asked for the steak sauce. By the way, my wife ordered the fried shrimp and I ordered shrimp scampi -- we bot got scampi. They soon brought an order of fried shrimp. A short while later a manager stopped by and talked with my wife and offered again to replace the steak. My wife again declined but suggested he could give her a 'coupon' and he said he would check back with us before we left. He never returned. My wife packed the remnant of the steak in a to go carton and our dogs loved it. As we were leaving the same manager wished us a good evening.

My complaint -- don't give the impression you're going to do something and not follow up. My wife was disappointed and said it would be a while before we return.

The meal was good except for the error on her steak -- but there are lots of other restaurants in Greenville where managers are sincere if they promise something -- so we left a bit disappointed.

• Visited September 2013

Seneca SC
“First Time Visit”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great food, well cooked and presented. Their menu has a nice selection and the appetizers -- blooming onion -- was very good. Nice place for a good meal!

• Visited July 2013
Centerville, Ohio, Usa
“Good Food, as Usual”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've eaten at Outback several times and the quality is always consistent. Wings are especially good. I've had better steak but not at this price. Stay away from the Bloomin Onion unless you're used to eating greasy food.

• Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Florida
“Nice and Friendly”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The staff and food were very nice at this Outback. During our week stay we went there twice. Everything ordered was prepared as we requested. When we asked our waitress about some area attractions she was more than helpful giving both advice and directions.

Visited July 2013
“A fastball for steaks”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Thought about going to a more expensive steakhouse in town, but then thought how good the steaks are at Outback every time and much more reasonably priced. This proved to be true again. Saved money and had a good steak. Try their South Wales Sangria--a personal favorite.

Visited June 2013