“Don't Cry For Me Argentina, The Truth Is The Food Was Yummy”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #653 of 917 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Taylors, South Carolina
“Don't Cry For Me Argentina, The Truth Is The Food Was Yummy”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wife and I had just returned from a vacation and did not have a plan for dinner at home. Whenever we don't have a plan for dinner at home, we journey out to dinner.
This evening we went to Chili's. We arrived to Chili's just as the World Cup had ended in the defeat of Argentina and the championship of Germany.
The hostess was morose, but attentive. She had obviousley been rooting for Argentina based on her Argentinian shirt.
She found us a good booth where we were waited on by a pleasant watier.
Our dinner was served in a good amount of time, and we did not leave hungry. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal and our time there.
Don't tell our hostess, but I was rooting for Germany.

• Visited July 2014

South Carolina
“Good food but not Senior friendly”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The food here was as good as our local Chili's in Anderson HOWEVER, The location in Anderson gives a 10% Senior discount (you have to ask for it). When our party of 4 asked for the Senior discount I was told (by the manager) that "we can't do that, the computer does not allow it",,,HUH?? When told that the location in Anderson does it he maintained that he couldn't do it. That MIGHT be the truth but then how does the Anderson location do it??
So,, it might not have been a large amount ($5) but it's the thought that counts. That tells me that this location does not think I am worth $5 as a return customer.
Just for good customer relations he could have found a way to give us something. Sorry Mr manager but we won't be back to this location,,,

• Visited January 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Not what I remember!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I haven't been to a Chili's in years. This used to be a staple of our 'after church' eating on Sundays. I could have probably had their menu memorized. We returned a few months ago and boy was I disappointed. The only thing I enjoyed was my chips (that actually stuffed me up because we waited for our food too long.)

I ordered the shrimp taco's and was very unhappy. The cabbage in the taco smelled bad like its been going bad. The flour soft taco was soggy because of the juices were not drained before being put on the tacos.....or they let them sit too long.

I remember two things that have clearly changed. We used to order the con queso and it used to be really good....now it appears to be either pre packaged, not fresh or very poor ingredients because it is not the same. Then there used to be a 'chocolate paradise brownie' that was brought in a heated skillet with melted sugars and syrup...no longer exists or is the same....yuck.

I question....maybe you can help. Has the food industry changed so much that others are doing better and these chains have literaly become as bad as a fast food restaurant? Or have they just totally dropped the ball and become that bad?!?

Visited June 2013
“Not the best...”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Was greeted promptly by a friendly staff member and got a table within five minutes. We order the appetizer and dinner for two deal for twenty bucks. The appetizer and our food came basically at the same time which isn't good. I got the chicken fried steak instead of the chicken crispers in which I ordered. The waitress boxed up my chicken so I could take it home which satisfied me. The only thing that I thought was funny is when my boyfriend and I were going to split the bill and the waitress asked me how much to put on each card!?!?! Half and half.. duh! Then when I did tell her how much to put on each card she didn't put the right amount on the proper card. I use to love going to chilis back in the day but its gone downhill and I will only go now every once in a blue moon.

• Visited June 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Chili's review”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

As soon as we stepped into the restaurant we were greeted by a not so friendly hostess. You could tell she really didn't want to be there. When we were seated, the two older kids, 14 and 10, were treated like little kids. They both got kiddie menus and drinks, and you could tell they were both kind of offended. After getting our drinks, the waiter told us he would bring bigger cups, and they arrived about 30 minutes later. Literally. We waited at least an hour before our food got to the table while some people who came in after us got their food before us. When the food finally came, it was a bit cold. The waiter also had us wait longer for the younger girl's food because they had supposedly burned her burger. Many people around us waited about an hour as well, if not more. We got there around 5:10 because we had to go someplace at 7 and ended up having about 20 minutes to eat. Bottom line, we would absolutely NOT come back and DO NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone, unless you want to wait an hour for your food and have awful service. ( The location of this Chili's was in Greenville, SC)

• Visited May 2013