“The other reviews were "spot on"!”

Candlewood Suites Greenville
Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Greenville
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We just returned from a two night stay at this hotel. We chose the location based on prior trip advisor reviews. Compared to other hotels in the area, the cost was very reasonable. It is a new hotel that is extremely clean. I cannot say enough about the employees. With the exception of possibly Disney, I've never stayed at a hotel with such kind employees, regardless of their position within the hotel. They have a great selection of movies to rent, games to play, and crock pots to cook with. Target is right next door, Cabela's is across the street, and Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, and a ton of other establishments are within a mile. We didn't feel like we had to run around town spending more money for entertainment in the evenings with the movies and games on sight. We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Tapo P
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2014

Thank you for your very complimentary review of our hotel and team. Your comment comparing our associates to Disney is the goal of every GM. We feel that our guests are the reason we are here, and every associate feels the same. It is definitely our goad at the Candlewood Suites Greenville and throughout the IHG brand to deliver our promise to be your home away from home. Our team truly takes that to heart and I am glad we were able to deliver that experience to you on every level of service. I look forward to welcoming you back to Greenville on your next visit to Greenville. Thank you for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Great hotel and great staff! Only thing I have to complain about was when I was checking out there were about 5 little kids running around and screaming in the lobby, I got the hint that it was one of the employee's kids, but I not sure. Some were in the "cupboard" getting coffee and some were laying on the couch with the pillows on the ground. It wasn't a great ending to our perfect stay. But great new hotel though!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Mary - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your comments about our team. I think they are the best as well! I also appreciate your comments about the children in the lobby. I will definitely review the security cameras and find out who they were. I will use your comments as a teaching moment for our team and let them know that no matter who is in the lobby, appropriate behavior is expected and it is our responsibility to deliver that to our guests. Again, I appreciate your feedback and you caring enough about our operation to let me know. I look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Greenville!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Great hotel and a very friendly staff! I would like to return for parents weekend at Furman University in September 2014. Please see if you get setup with the university. this hotel is very clean and comfortable. It is surrounded by many restaurants and is close to I-85.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Eric - Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We would love for you to return to our hotel anytime you are in the area attending Furman events. We will reach out to Furman and see if we can establish a special rate for Furman. In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly and I will assist you with your reservation. I look forward to welcoming you back to Greenville and to our Candlewood Hotel. --Michael Heater, GM

Reviewed February 17, 2014

My first stay at a Candlewood Suite. Very impressed with the cleanliness, location and the fact that they allow pets for a small surcharge. If you're in the Greenville area, check out this property. Many restaurants are nearby as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you for allowing us to be your first Candlewood experience, and I am glad we delivered the Candlewood promise of being your home away from home. Our location with over 30 restaurants within walking distance makes our hotel - as the city of Greenville says - a great place to stay, eat, and play. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Greenville.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I have been a fan of the Candlewood properties, and it was nice to see a new property in my travel area for work. (Candlewood, North Olmstead, OH was a favorite in the past when I lived in Ohio). Was just opened in the fall of 2013 and love the modern design touches in the bedding and kitchens.

Candlewood properties go out of the way in customer service and making sure your stay is pleasant.

I do have to note this is the best work out area I have ever seen in a Candlewood property. Large mirrors, bike, elliptical, and two treadmills along with a large collection of free weights. Sanitary wipes for the equipment, towels and a drinking fountain.. No excuses about getting a workout in on a cold rainy day in Greenville.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank orreo5859
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

First of all, thank you for your loyalty to the Candlewood Brand. The Candlewood Traveler is a smart traveler and it sounds like you know the value in staying in a Candlewood hotel. I also want to thank you for your kind remarks about our new hotel and staff. We have worked very hard in the past 3 months to open our new hotel in the Greenville market and I appreciate your comments about our fitness center, rooms, and our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel upon your next trip to Greenville.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend and were amazed at how nice the accommodations were...we had never stayed at a Candlewood Suites before. The GM, Michael, greeted us personally and thanked us for choosing to stay at the property. Located right in the middle of lots of activity and yet only a few minutes from Downtown...this is a great place to stay. Our room was clean and we were impressed with how much you get for your money. We will probably stay here when we go to Clemson sporting events!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dnelsoninslc
Michael H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Greenville, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for staying with us. I am so glad to know that we delivered the Candlewood promise of being your home away from home while staying with us! The Candlewood brand is designed with the amenities of the fitness center, guest laundry, Cupboard, and being pet friendly intentionally to make you feel at home and I am glad that you experienced our hotel to the fullest. Our team is here to welcome you and make you feel comfortable, and it is great to hear that we delivered excellent service levels during your guest experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Greenville!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

This hotel is only a few months old and is so nice! It is right off of Wooddruff road, which is where all the shops and restaurants are, so you are so close to everything! Our room was a large king bed suite with a separate kitchen and living room. The hotel is pet friendly also, so it accommodated to our needs. The hotel staff was super friendly, and the hotel was so clean! The fitness room is nice and new too with new machines. The washer and dryers were free (you just use your own detergent). They also had a pantry that you could purchase items you needed. They don't have a restaurant on site but you don't need one because you have a full equipped kitchen and grocery stores in walking distance if needed. I highly recommend this hotel if you want to have double size of a standard hotel room and feel like you are still at home.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank WVG22

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback. I am glad to know that our team delivered on the Candlewood promise of being your home away from home. Our hotel is in a great location within walking distance to more than 30 restaurants and the new Cabela's, which will be opening in early spring right across the street from us. As I am also an avid Clemson fan, I hope to see you during your next visit to Greenville and Clemson. Go Tigers!