“Expected more”

Chuys
Ranked #55 of 948 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was super excited to get to this New Mexican restaurant that everyone was raving about and has been extremely busy since day one my family and I waited 55 mins to be seated which is fine for the new hot spot in town. Once we were seated it took about 10 minutes to see a waitress and I think that was kind of long for a restaurant that was FULLY staffed. I saw waitresses and bus boys standing around. Anyhow I ordered a enchilada, chicken chalupa, hard tacos meal with rice and refried beans! Once again back on the time the food took about 30 mins to get out But in their defense they were busy, possibly not organized. The food was pretty good... Cold but it was manageable. We did not complain we just ate and left. Hopefully when I come for my second visit its better, ill wait a bit so they can get their stuff in order.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

On a Saturday night, this Chuys accommodated a large group. The wait staff was great and the food/drink was good. The Manager at this location is in the perfect job! He welcomed our group with no notice - handled it with ease and made sure we were taken care of as if we were the only people there. Such a fun place to eat!!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

After I left Texas I missed Chuy's excellent fajitas. Outside of Lupe's probably the best i Houston. It's great to see them in Greenville. You gotta try the creamy jalapeno sauce. As with any new restaurant, the service was not great, a little slow. The margarita's are not as good as Papas & Beer but the food is the best tex-mex in Greenville.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

The food is definitely nothing to write home about. Between the five of us, we did not receive one decent meal.
On the other hand, the atmosphere was good, and the free appetizers you get between 4 and 7 made up for a disappointing dinner.
If you sit in the bar area during happy hour, you can get cheese sauce, ground meat, refried beans, and salsa with chips. The domestic beers are a dollar off, and I think the same for their margarita.
All in all, the evening was okay, but would not go back.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is definitely a fun spot to go for tacos, fajitas, and other Mexican classics. It is more of a Tex Mex style. I enjoyed the food and was extremely happy with the chips and salsa which you can tell is very fresh and very good. Though they do not have call ahead seating I was with a group of 8 from work and they were able to accommodate us just fine for lunch. The service and selection was great. Tip: Go during happy hour for great deals and salsa and chip bar!