“Neat place. Average Mexican Food. AWESOME Chips and Salsa”
Review of Chuys

Chuys
Ranked #62 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This place is definitely a fun spot to go for tacos, fajitas, and other Mexican classics. It is more of a Tex Mex style. I enjoyed the food and was extremely happy with the chips and salsa which you can tell is very fresh and very good. Though they do not have call ahead seating I was with a group of 8 from work and they were able to accommodate us just fine for lunch. The service and selection was great. Tip: Go during happy hour for great deals and salsa and chip bar!

There are newer reviews for Chuys

Reviewed August 8, 2013

As usual - when a new place opens in town it is packed.
We tried this place a few days ago and we really like it.
When we got there, groups were waiting, but they seated the 2 of us immediately.
The server, was nice - but you could tell it was probably his first service job. He wasn't too sure about the menu, but he tried very, very hard. He continued to regularly check on us.
The salsa that is delivered to the table is excellent - while I love salsa I hate what is served in most Mexican places - just spice tomato sauce. I usually end up ordering some pico-de-gallo and combining the two. BUT not here.
The food arrived quick, piping hot, and lots of it. We got just what we ordered.
Hot food, cold beer, and good service.
I now have a new favorite Mexican place in Greenville. I will be back often.
My only recommendation is - serve DRAFT beer.

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Finally a great tex mex place in town! I'm not a big fan of the Mexican restaurants around here and glad to have Chuy's. I'm from TX and like my Mexican food to have flavor. The tortilla are fresh and made in the restaurant. The margaritas are great as well!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for dinner recently and although I'm not one who likes to wait we decided we'd try. After about 25 minutes we were seated. They are very good at turning their tables and several people waiting opted to eat in the bar - no waiting. Their chips and salsa are very fresh and very good -- we also tried the spicy jalapeno dip on the recommendation of our waiter. It was not spicy and very tasty -- it is a white sauce and we'll ask for it at the beginning next trip. My wife tried the relleno and enchilada and it was just okay. She was cold from the A/C and anxious to get out. I tried the Elvis Presley combo and did not like tomatillo enchilada at all -- but I'm not fond of pico de gallo. The cheese enchilada was somewhat better -- but nothing out of the ordinary. The taco was good and seemed like the shell was made in house. I would try the nachos alone as they were quite tasty. The Tex-Mex enchilada tasted nothing like the one I had in Austin recently. My wife enjoyed the margarita on the rocks.

The interior is quite interesting as they made it look like it was old. The hubcap dining area seemed interesting but we weren't seated there.

We'll try it again when the 'newness' dies down and the wait is not so long.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Chuy's is new to the Greenville area but I have already been there several times. The first time I was there I ordered the chile relleno and it was one of the best I have ever had. Not greasy at all. I have also been there during Happy Hour where they have drink specials and a FREE nacho bar which includes chips, salsa, taco meat, queso, and refried beans. One suggestion I would have is that they open up the bar tables to full service at lunchtime. Currently, only the bar seating can order off the menu. I can understand having it that way at dinner time or even weekends, but during lunch during the week, most people are not ordering alcohol.

Highly recommend all the food!

Been to Chuys? Share your experiences!