“Worth the Wait”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 907 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Clemson, South Carolina
“Worth the Wait”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

You cannot make reservations, but they have a nice bar in the back of the restaurant to pass the time. They had a great selection of beers on tap. We only waited about 45 minutes on a Saturday night. The food was worth the wait. We had the fried green tomatoes on goat cheese grits. I am not a fan of goat cheese, but everyone else in my group loved the grits. The Nutty Fried Chicken was delicious over mashed sweet potatoes. But the biscuits...oh my...I could just eat those! You can't go wrong here!

• Visited July 2014

“Top notch all around!”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Went to Tupelo Honey for lunch with family on a recent trip to Greenville. After a bit of a wait (45 min) we started with the hot pimento cheese dip appetizer - which was a great twist on traditional cheese dip. My wife and I shared the venerated veggie bowl - which was out of this world. Grits and black eyed peas, topped with pico and fried okra - it was so good. Others at the table all liked their meals as well. Highly recommend this place!

1 Thank ARFoodieGuy
South Carolina
“Great food and Great service”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Four of us stopped in for lunch yesterday and had a marvelous time. Everyone was friendly and professional. The food was terrific. We had their meatloaf and pulled pork and both were great. My wife is a celiac and picked the trout from their glutton free menu. She said it was absolutely great. I tried the fried Okra and it was the first place where I actually enjoyed it. Greens were good, but a little salty for my low sodium taste. Their sweet potato fries were wonderful. Just a great meal with friends thanks to Tupelo Honey Cafe. One of our party enjoyed food so much, she wanted to come back today for breakfast.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jeff W
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The definition of comfort food!”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Wow..wife and I went here last night....happy to say...everything we had was fantastic... Creative twists on southern favorites .. Definitely try it...

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Scott D
EDMOND
“Perplexed”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Was super excited to visit this Cafe. The hubby was in town on business and requested I find a nice place for a super late lunch (330pm) with a biz assoc. Most finer dining establishments close between lunch and dinner so I went to trip advisor/yelp for help. Based on the reviews it seemed this was a great choice. Upon arrival you find chairs outside which clearly tells me they are a busy establishment and possibly a wait out the door is "norm". Greeter was accommodating and atmosphere clean and nicely decorated with unique artistic touches. Our waitress was a very nice and helpful in recommendations. We all decided to try the salmon plate. which looked delish in the pics and had other good reviews. Needless to say the salmon was completely raw.....no exaggeration or question as to personal preference. One would get sick if you ate this. Not one raw plate but two! We lost our appetite and had there been other options we may have left. The waitress apologized all over herself as we selected a different item off the menu. We were showered with biscuits and jelly as well as grits while waiting. The biscuits are phenomenal I will say!

The fried green tomatoes appetizer were good as well. They are laid atop the goat cheese grits so if you don't like goat cheese you would need to specify different grits.

We ordered the nutty chicken with mashed potatoes. Basically a fried chicken breast with white gravy.

Overall I MAY return for breakfast but never for lunch or dinner. I'm not sure If they have a new chef but they seemed to be struggling in the middle of a non-busy time of day.

Also, we did not request any sort of discount but considering the experience one would have expected some type of manager discount. We were charged full price and paid it but customer service comes to question after this experience.

Visited July 2014
Josh F, Marketing Coordinator at Tupelo Honey, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Edmond,

I'm sorry to hear that you had such an experience in our restaurant. It's clear that the food quality and the customer service were not up to the standards that we aim to provide. If you'd be willing I'd like to talk with you more about your experience. If so, my email address is info@tupelohoneycafe.com

Hope to hear from you and best wishes,

Josh F.