“Superb service and good food. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Ranked #17 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: What constitutes "New South Flavors?" For us, it is begins with reverence for those time-honored Southern dishes. Served up by wonderful home cooks for years. We respect the freshness, the flavors and the food itself. But we like to jazz it up a little, add something deliciously unexpected to delight your palate. Our interpretation of traditional Southern fare is creative, inventive and satisfyingly scrumptious. Cheers to New South Flavor!
Greenville, South Carolina
“Superb service and good food. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Been to the one in Asheville which was more rustic but the food here is similar and the service is superb. There are so many competitors in the "new south" category and so many great restaurants in Greenville but this one is worth a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Troy, Michigan
“BACON!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

One of the best breakfast places I've ever been! The Maple Peppered Bacon (or is the Peppered Maple Bacon?) is sooooo good. Thick bacon, tastes like maple honey with a hint of pepper...thus the name. I love bacon, and this is the best..EVER!

Was in town for a long weekend and stopped in multiple times. Had the breakfast bowl...eggs over medium with cheese grits and black eyed peas. Another day had an omelet, and then one day a BLT (egg, bacon and tomato). And of course an extra side of bacon with each meal!

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Y'All Gotta Try It”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great taste of southern cooking. Started with an app of fried green tomatoes over grits. This Chicago girl doesn't do grits, but these were tasty. Also liked the egg roll apps. Our entrees were shrimp tacos, meatloaf, chicken and a veggie dish. All were yum and portions were generous. Could have made a meal of the homemade biscuits and jam. I had the Bloody Mary - the mild one, which still had quite a kick to it. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Enjoy it all, y'all.

• Visited May 2014
Greenville, South Carolina
“Meatloaf was paradise...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Walked in on a Thursday evening around 6, wasn't too crowded, we opted to sit at a bar by the kitchen to watch the cooking.

Biscuits were delicious and because of where we were sitting (and the eyes I was making at one of the chefs), we got some freshly made peach butter to try. It was delicious, too.

I ordered the meatloaf on a whim. Good whim. It was super yummy, lots of flavor, very juicy. And my side of mac and cheese was also very good. Sister got an omelette that was good, but I think her grits were really the star of the show.

Our hostess was a little too cool for school, but our server was over the top nice. Overall, service was good, food was really good and we left happy.

I'll be back for sure.

• Visited May 2014
Berlin, Germany
“Better options in Greenville... doesn't live up to hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Went here on a Tuesday with a friend because I love the location in Asheville so much. Not sure if we went on an off night or not, but this visit didn't live up to my expectations. First, the location is a bit hard to find if you don't already know the area well. It's within a plaza kind of behind Anthropologie and around the corner.

When we arrived, our server was nice but seemed like he was in a rush to get our order. Since the place wasn't full, I didn't really get that. We started with the fried green tomatoes. They were decent, but they're better sat Soby's. I had the Lump Crab Egg Scramble. When it came out, it smelled kind of nasty- it might have been the crab, but it was kind of off-putting. Tasted ok, but I didn't finish it. It was nothing to write home about. My friend ordered the nutty chicken on a bed of sweet mashed potatoes. It looked ok, but she didn't finish hers either. The only part that lived up to my expectations was the free biscuits with jam and honey. They were fluffy and delicious, and we devoured them. Also, the service was fast and friendly. Despite that, I probably won't go back. I grew up here but don't live here anymore. So I think I'll save my future visits home for restaurants in Greenville that are consistently amazing, like Tako Sushi and The Green Room.