“I'll give it another try”

Passerelle French Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Passerelle French Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 906 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina
“I'll give it another try”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I recently ate at Passerelle for a Sunday Brunch. The location at Falls Park is lovely, and the big bonus is they have outside seating with a view of the falls. I had the coastal Benedict which was served I. Toasted French bread with a generous amount of large shrimp and some wonderful roasted red peppers. The French bread was a little tough but I was able to cut through it and the toasted flavor complimented the shrimp quite nicely, however I felt that they were skimpy on the hollindaise. My other complaint was that the entre was served with a side of "seasoned fries" which I found totally ordinary and they did not compliment the dish, if I go back I will ask for fresh fruit, if they allow substitution. My biggest complaint is with the service, I waited an unusual length of time for wait service and when I finally did get my food there was. O return visit to refresh my drink or ask if everything was alright. It was also odd that there was no salt and pepper on the tables as I would have lined to add some black pepper to make up for the skimpy hollindaise. The hostess brought my check and I did mention the lack of service, she explained that they were working short. With that in mind, I will give Passerelle a second try, as the location really is lovely

Modesto, California
“Not for french food lovers”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Location is definitely outperforming what lands in your plate. It is a shame to waste such a great setting with mediocre "French" food. Our salmon croquettes came out of the microwave and were still frozen inside, pretty embarrassing while we had recommended this restaurant to some friends visiting from Columbia. The bread they called brioche is just your regular American everyday bread, mussels in safran sauce were not fresh, some had an old taste. Although the wine list is very decent and the service very good, the cuisine is not up to par. I would also suggest they cover the outdoor iron tables, you can see leftover food from prior customers in the cracks, this is not a very appetizing view. I doubt I will go back to the Passerelle unless they elevate their culinary skills to at least the basic of French cuisine. When will someone open a great French restaurant in Greenville and offer great dishes like escargots, frog legs, sweetbreads, veal kidneys, coq au vin, boeuf bourguignon, souffle'...I believe Greenville is ready for such menu items, no need to serve burgers and turkey sandwiches, that is what other specialize for....Merci!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank josette8017
Asheville, North Carolina
“Could be a Regular Stop”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a very interesting little bistro in a scenic location near the Reedy River Falls in downtown Greenville. We visited for the first time on Dec. 17. The personnel are extremely helpful and well trained. The meals were very good and well presented. The menu had a few unusual items, which I found interesting. The prices are well within range for a meal like we enjoyed. We shared an Arugula and radicchio salad which had roasted beets and walnuts. I had the Charcuterie and my wife had a Bistro Sandwich with steak. For desert we had the Flourlass Chocolate Cake and
Pumpkin Pain Perdu. Everything was very good. The only small surprise was the fries. They were typical american fries with lots of salt, not the usual pommes de terre frites one finds in a French Bistro. One interesting note. We had a reservation confirmed through open table. When we arrived at the restaurant, we were told that the reservation had been cancelled by open table or someone unknown. We were seated in spite of this. On further investigation later, we learned that the restaurant themselves actually cancelled the reservation.

• Visited December 2013
Greenville, SC
“I wish there was a rating of 3.5”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

We were excited to visit this beautiful little restaurant for the first time to enjoy an authentic French brunch. For the most part, it was an enjoyable experience and we will be back. However the exceptionally friendly and warm wait staff, flavorful cocktails and perfectly cooked poached eggs did not quite make up for the fact that the "toast" used for the Benedict's was a very hard, difficult to cut or chew bread. We ordered a delightful cocktail called The Black Rose that whet our appetites, followed that with a cup of delicious mushroom turkey soup and then ordered the entrees. Three of our four diners ordered Benedict's. The fourth ordered the Sweet Crepes. The shrimp on the Coastal Benedict were plump and perfectly seasoned. The ham on the regular Benedict was also good. However none of us could cut through the bread! A croissant or muffin would have been so much better a choice. It almost ruined the meal given that this is one of the most important parts of the dish. How can a French chef get that wrong! The crepes were excellent and we finished with a wonderful coffee and Baileys drink. Lucas our waiter could not have been nicer. All in all we will give this quaint bistro another opportunity.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank TeacherTrainer
Greenville, South Carolina
“Excellent Bistro Lunch”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My wife and I had an excellent lunch here recently. We both had a cup of soup to start. She then had the quiche of the day and I had the croque monsieur. Everything was delicious. Cool bistro atmosphere as well.

• Visited November 2013