“Food doesn't justify prices. Great location. Parking is an issue”

Passerelle French Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Passerelle French Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 930 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

My wife got the steak which was one of the worst steaks of the year, if not the 2010's. The fries that came with it were plentiful and good. My 20 $ chicken was great and was almost an entire chicken, sans legs. Still, it was 20 $. The place was loud on a Friday night, which I'm cool with, and its a small place but cozy not cramped. The location is good. A short walk (under 200ft) to the walkway over the river. The table bread was average french restaurant bread. On a busy Friday night parking is an issue. We had a stiff walk in a coldish rain.

There are newer reviews for Passerelle French Bistro

Reviewed November 15, 2013

I visited Passerelle earlier today for the first time, for lunch. I had the quiche of the day, which featured bacon and onions, not bad but too salty, and maybe the smallest bit of quiche I've ever been served. Mind you I hate that most American places delight in serving you too much food, but this was a really "lite bite." It came with a salad of mixed dreams and one grape tomato cut in half. Small-ish again, but it was fresh and well-dressed. Bread would have been helpful, but for bread I would have had to pay $4 and I wasn't having this. I've been to Paris several times and I can't remember a Parisian bistro that did not bring out a small basket of bread gratis along with any food I've ordered. The glass of wine I chose to accompany with it was a decent Sauvignon Blanc, but it cost more than the main course, and the server tried to talk me into another that was even pricier.

Even though it is very well located, overlooking the falls and the Liberty Bridge (passerelle means "footbridge" so it's aptly named) in downtown Greenville, and even though its interior is nice enough (about ten tables inside, with outdoor seating in season, a small bar (about 5 stools) and a long bar area where one can dine watching the chef prepare food - odd choice in my opinion) it's marred somewhat by a telly screen that seems to be saying "We're a sports bar too."

So, while Passerelle is trying to pass itself off as a bistro in the French style, it does so only passably, if you'll pardon the plays on words. Au devoir!

Note: I've said something about this in a review or two before, but I wish there were more choices in the "overall rating" part of TripAdvisor reviews - a "good" wouldn't hurt, for example...

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The food was great with a Goat Cheese appetizer followed by Mussel Stew, however we waited nearly 2 hours to finish the meal after being seated. Tables around had the same problem. Great location and hope they just improve that weakness.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great service, as it seems to be in Greenville, with a very friendly waiter who made sure we could eat and meet a tight timetable. Typical menu of American standards, well done; only blemish was the kitchen forgetting a side salad I had ordered. Good location above the Reedy River too.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Patio is covered but airy, with great people-watching and scenery in Reedy Falls park.

Limited but thoughtful afternoon menu. Beverage selection (leaning French) is top-notch, mussels fresh and flavorful, and salads excellent.