“Very very good but definitely not for those seeking to eat healthy”

Bacon Bros Public House
Ranked #35 of 958 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pelham Road
Description: Bacon Bros. Public House is an innovative gastropub. The seasonally driven menu of the East Greenville restaurant offers a delicious selection of small plates and entrees, with items priced for all diners. The decor is warm and rustic with a dining room that features reused wooden pallets, an element that compliments Chef Gray's passion for sustainability. Diners can catch a glimpse of the curing chamber, where menu items like the Bastardo Salami, Coppa Ham and Bresola are seasoned and aged to perfection. Simply put, Bacon Bros. Is a great place for a relaxed dining experience with friends and family, or to meet for small bites and a craft beer or glass of wine after work.
Reviewed March 5, 2014

My husband and I tried Bacon Brothers after I perused the menu looking for something different from other restaurants in Greenville. Interesting and unique choices. For the most part, we were not disappointed. The decor and interior make for a cozy, very comfortable place to eat comfortable food. We decided to experiment so started with a Bloody Mary and Devil Eggs. The cocktail was extremely hot with tabasco and the eggs, although very tasty with the Tasso Ham on top were lip-numbing spicy. We do not mind spicy food but were surprised at the heat - especially in the cocktail. The best thing we tried was the Pimento Jar with homemade crackers and Bacon Jam. Very sticky but the most scrumptious appetizer we have had in the past year of Greenville dining. My husband's entree was the smoked chicken with turnip greens and hoppin john. The chicken had good flavor but was overcooked. The sides were wonderful - very flavorful. I had the bratwurst with homemade saurkraut and fries The brat was great and the saurkraut was better than other German restuarants in Greenville. The fries were ok - nothing special. We finished the meal with Nana's banana pudding which came in a little jar and was a sweet, light finish to a rather heavy meal. All in all, we were very pleased and feel we will be back soon to try the brisket and ribs -which we saw many many platters of in the dining area. Do make a reservation - on a Monday night at 6:30, we got the last available table. The place is really popular!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This restaurant has been opened for a good many months here but this was our first visit. We went on a Tuesday night and it was "packed". When you first walk in, the smokey smell of meat is wonderful. It was to be a 30 minute wait for a table so we just went into the bar area. Fortunately, it wasn't long until a couple of people left, so we sat at the bar. They do not have domestic beer in bottles although they did have PBR and Bud Light draft. I tried a Kona Longboard Lager which was suppose to be more like a Bud Light...not to me. I really didn't care for it at all. Our bartender, Chris, was fantastic!! He was so informative, helpful, friendly, and very attentive. We stayed at the bar and ate dinner. We each had the single burger with a fried egg and shared an order of onion rings and fries. It was my first time to have a burger with an egg on it. It was all very good but the onion rings were awesome! The restaurant was very loud but worth it! We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

There is no better place to eat then here for a wonderful casual dining experience. The staff is awesome and the food, just try one egg and you will be hooked.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

So we went to there Saturday afternoon before five and the host informed us that the only available tables were outside. And it was close to 55 degrees...plus we looked around the restaurant and there were close to ten tables completely empty. He was very rude and obnixious but our group found it quite comical that there were no tables available...the host must have imaginary friends! How cute! So, we sat outside and froze but it was great food. Everything had bacon in it somehow and the bloody marys were fabulous. We will definitely reserve a table next time if the host allows us too...lol! Also, side note if you are going to have outdoor seating in February in Greenville...invest in outdoor heaters...they are like $200 bucks...

1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I am not a large fan of meat in general, so I went into this restaurant thinking I wouldn't like anything. My group and I had a wonderful server. He would make sure to frequently come ask if we needed refills or anything. But not enough to get annoying. This meal I had was amazing! It blew my mind I would ever enjoy meat that much! Also the atmosphere was wonderful, everyone was super friendly! All in all I would love to eat there again.