“Oh man! That was fun!”

Bacon Brothers Public House
Reserve with OpenTable
Bacon Brothers Public House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 900 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pelham Road
Description: Bacon Bros. Public House is an innovative gastropub. The seasonally driven menu of the East Greenville restaurant offers a delicious selection of small plates and entrees, with items priced for all diners. The decor is warm and rustic with a dining room that features reused wooden pallets, an element that compliments Chef Gray's passion for sustainability. Diners can catch a glimpse of the curing chamber, where menu items like the Bastardo Salami, Coppa Ham and Bresola are seasoned and aged to perfection. Simply put, Bacon Bros. Is a great place for a relaxed dining experience with friends and family, or to meet for small bites and a craft beer or glass of wine after work.
Charleston, SC
“Oh man! That was fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I'll confess....the moment my eye landed on the hotdog offerings, my mouth was cocked, and I saw nothing else. BUT, when offered, didn't hesitate to sample every neighbor's selection within arms reach....all delicious!

The bratwurst dog is just one of the Brothers housemade sausage offerings. It was absolutely exploding with meaty flavor. Can't wait for another. The onion rings were excellent too.

My wife and friends were a bit more adventurous, selecting chili, a country-fried pork chop, burgers, apps, salads, etc. It seemed everyone but the host and hostess of our party were swooning with delight.

The restaurant was completely unprepared for our easily accommodate-able and TWICE CONFIRMED party of 20. But once this extremely foolish oversight was recognized, the staff leapt into action, and the feasting began. Once our long delayed dishes finally arrived, all was forgiven.

Warning: Every dish is bathed in smokey goodness. And you will be too if you sit near the patio side smoker. But frankly, they ought to bottle that smell!

Closed Sundays.

1 Thank portofcaller

“A total disappointment!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love trying new restaurants and excited to try this one. Unfortunately, we we seriously disappointed! The food and service were not very good.... This place is way over rated! Save your money and get real barbecue!!

• Visited July 2013
“Go Now!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

The food was super yummy and the atmosphere with live music was fantastic. I ordered the chicken sausage and my husband ordered the tounge. We were both pleasantly surprised. Everything down to the ketchup and ranch was fresh. The only downside was my husband's entree was a tad too salty, and the service was mediocre. Nonetheless, we are hooked!

Greenville, South Carolina
“What a let down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

After looking at the menu online I was so excited, but left very disappointed. The positives: The atmosphere and decor are great. The three apps I tasted were all very good. The Turtle Bacon Brownie was delicious. The negatives: We had a birthday party of 20, and the host had called twice to confirm the resrevation. We arrived, and they had no table for us. We had a 30 minute wait. It took 2 hours to get our food on a Wed night. Our server did not know the menu and acted like he was annoyed the whole time. A pork chop had to be sent back because it was burnt. When the food did finally arrive the server had no clue who had ordered what, and at the end of the night he put the wrong orders on our bills. The really sad thing is that nothing was done by the manager to make our experience right. She did apologize, but there was no action taken to ensure that we would visit again. Any nice, customer centered restaurant knows that the decent thing to do for a birthday boy who had to wait 2 hours for his food would be to at least not charge him for his dessert. Nope. If some action like this had been taken to right the situation, I would give it another try. However, there are too many great places to eat in Greenville to waste time at a place with mediocore food and poor service.

1 Thank anna j
ChristinaBlackwell, Manager at Bacon Brothers Public House, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback. I want to apologize again for your disappointing experience on Wednesday. We have much higher goals for service and experience at Bacon Brothers Public House, and we over-extended ourselves in a way that sacrificed your experience. I had every intention of taking care of your guest of honor's dessert and a few other things on your tab but in the rush of the evening, I must have missed it. We are working hard to make sure that mistakes like what happened with your party aren't repeated. It is my sincerest hope that you give us (and me) another chance to provide an excellent dining experience at our restaurant. Please feel free to contact me personally so that I can ensure your next experience with us is stellar. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Christina Blackwell
Pickens, South Carolina
“New place. Good food. Working out the kinks.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I will give it a second chance. Ate lunch there with wife. First impression was sticky floors. Only open 2 months so kinks still being worked out. Food was tasty and staff was nice. Manager seemed to be experienced and admitted that they had some bumps to overcome. Seemed like nice place. Needed more busboys running cleanup. We were told 45 minute wait but there were 7 out of 20 tables empty but unbussed. Wait a little bit before trying it.

• Visited July 2013