“Pizza on the go.”

Ranked #181 of 958 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Late in the day so we stopped to get a pizza on the way to the hotel. Pizza was ok. Sauce a bit on the strong side-heavy on the oregano and other spices. Service was good.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I was visiting Greenville with a business associate. We had driven up from Charleston, it was getting late, and we were hungry. I phoned my wife at home and she had found Tony's on Yelp. They had some great reviews so we decided to give it a try. We thought that we would call ahead so that our food would be ready when we got there. Perfect timing.

Here's a word of warning: Do NOT (unless you are feeding a battalion) order the large calzone! I did. My associate was wise and ordered a small - which was plenty large. The large calzone is $16 but it would feed a family of four, I'm sure.

I'd love to go back and try their pizza. Because the calzone was fantastic. I'm a bit of a pizza snob. The way I see it, life is too short to eat lousy pizza. And I am sure that Tony's is great.

I do not understand the bad review for service. Must've been a bad night for that person's visit because our waitress was superb. Everything about the meal was most enjoyable. After he was done laughing at me for ordering the large calzone (it looked like something from Man vs Food), Tony came over to our table to visit. He's a great guy who works hard to run a quality establishment.

I can't wait to go back to Greenville just to eat at Tony's!

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I'm from out of state. Ate there last year and service was bad but pizza was great. The food made up for the lack of good service. On this visit, the service and the pizza were bad. I won't be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

We tried this pizza recently at a friends and decided to try our own through take out. The place is very eclectic and the pizza is very good. We had the Pizza Napolitano which is advertised as thin crust versus a deep dish version. It is not a thin crust in the Pizza Hut style and is more like hand tossed. My wife tried the eggplant parmigiana with spaghetti and thought the sauce was a bit salty (too salty for her). We'll give it another try but probably stick with pizza.

Their website is: http://tonysnewyorkpizzeria.com/index.html

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a very good Italian meal! Prices are reasonable, and the service is good. Very casual. Also a good lunch menu. Come hungry, as the portions are gigantic!!