“Surprised it wasn't busier”
Review of Yap - CLOSED

Yap
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Description: Yap! is a new restaurant in the heart of downtown Greenville specializing in American cuisine. Open seven days a week for lunch and dinner.,
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had a great time at Yap. Delicious curry dish, efficient service and a great location should make this place a hit. On a Friday night, it was only half full. A fresher decor might give this place some buzz. I liked it and will probably be back.

1  Thank Justin C

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I ate dinner at one of Greenville, SC, newest restaurants tonight, and it was amazing. It is called Yap, and It is a Malaysian Fusion Restaurant at 12 South Main in downtown Greenville, SC. They have a lot of Malaysian noodle dishes, but I needed a red-meat fix, so I opted for the 8oz beef tenderloin with sauteed mushroom, bacon, and blue cheese, and it was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. It came with mixed asian veggies and sauteed spinach. The food was a value for the price, the service was excellent, and the restaurant was well decorated.

7  Thank RixEz
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Under new management this place has become my favorite restaurant. Malaysian Asian fusion.
I really like the new menu , and the restaurant is so nice.
The server was so attentive and very nice.
Yes , there is no more salad bar and the average price of the meal is a little higher then before but the food quality and presentation is whole lot higher and nicer then before. Obviously the floor has been fixed too.
Oh , the menu is so original compare to a lot of different restaurants. Good choice of menu items.

7  Thank Jlmu039
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Malaysian fare with nice variety. Even children's menu. Great server. Nice change from the same old thing.

2  Thank Danny B
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Under new ownership/management, Yap surprised us tonight with excellent service & surprisingly good food. Wife had appetizers of chicken & shepherds roll which were great. I had filet with spinach & blue cheese, and the steak was cooked perfectly for me. Server Meredith was very attentive & helpful. This is a new place overcoming a failed venue and I am impressed with the quality of the food, the chef and the service. We left happy and will return knowing the staff are eager to please. I definitely recommend to visitors and locals as a place to give a fresh look. We are pleased and will return soon. Menu is inclusive of various tastes & successful in the process Bottom line is a prior poor restaurant has made a great change to the better.

1  Thank PaulB499