“Friendly staff, good Mexican food”
Review of Puerto Vallarta

Puerto Vallarta
Ranked #373 of 958 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This review is for the Puerto Vallarta located at Cherrydale shopping center.

We really enjoy the staff at Puerto Vallarta and have only had one visit where the service wasn't excellent (and we've eaten here over 10 times). They are friendly, quick and attentive.

The food is just good Mexican food. I've had fajita nachos, grilled chicken nachos, chimichangas, chilequiles and also their lunch buffet (which was awesome). All were good and at a good price.

I also really like their salsa, which has a lot of cilantro in it. There is a smoking section, which would normally bother me, but I've never smelled smoke in the restaurant before so it's never been a problem.

If you're in the area and in the mood for Mexican, this is the place.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I came to this restaurant in between lunch and dinner times. A few things made this trip not the most pleasant. First - the smoking section must not have a mechanism to remove the smoke. In the waiting area and the non-smoking area - the smell of smoke was heavy. Enough so that I wouldn't stay.

The food was edible, but not that flavorful. The Taco Al Pastor just didn't have that rich flavor I seem to get at local taqueria's. The onions used were harsh and bitter - just ruining the taco. The fried burritto may have been fried, well before it was served, but it was soggy by the time I was brought to the table. It did, however, have pretty good flavor.

Most of the time, if the food was borderline, I would give the place a second chance. After all, every place has its off-day. But with the cigarette smoke, I will give it a pass.