“The food we Finally received was good”
Review of Habiba

Habiba
Ranked #378 of 941 Restaurants in Greenville
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We arrived for lunch about 11:30. The website says they open at 11 but when asked why no one was there, she said, they literally just opened so maybe their hours changed. The inside was very nice and seemed very moroccan. It smelled a little like a bar though. The menu looked great. I ordered the sampler appetizer and husband ordered lamb burger with fries. After a few minutes, waitress told husband fryer was down so we would not have any fries and would bring more spanokopita with my meal. I wondered how they could make my samosas and my falafel, both are supposed to be in my appetizer, without a fryer. We waited and waited and waited, i'd say 30 minutes for our food and we were STILL the only people in the restaurant. When our food finally arrived, it looked good but after the waitress left, i realized I had no falafel and also no samosas, basically half of my meal. When I found her again, she said, "oh yes, I apologize the fryer is down and we can't make either of those things." I was extremely let down. I would have never ordered this if she had told me when she told my husband he could not have fries. The food we did receive was extremely good. His lamb was GREAT and my babaganoush, grape leaves and spanakopita were very, very good. We received a complimentary dessert which was nice but I would have rather had the meal I ordered versus a dessert i never intended to order. There was no adjustment of the total bill either. When we left the restaurant, about 1.5 hours after we arrived there was still no one other customers. I hope they improve their service or they can not survive for very long. The food would draw me back again but I doubt i will return based on the lack of service.

2  Thank RosebudGreenville_SC

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our first dinning experience at a Mediterranean restaurant. When we walked in the door the atmosphere was amazing. Cloth covered the walls and ceiling to transform the environment into what the owner had envisioned. There were only 2 high chairs in the whole place, so our son ended up eating from his stroller. I am glad took a chance on the eggplant appetizer because it was good. They only bring 6 pieces of pita bread out with a large bowl of eggplant spread so we had to order another round of pita. After finishing the appetizer we ran out of tea. We finically found our waitress texting at the hostess desk. We then asked another waiter to refill our drinks, and he switched the glasses. When the food finically came out it was barley warm. It was really good but not hot like it should be. When the owner came around we told him how the service had been, he apologized, and took care of us the remainder of the evening. We will go back. If we learned anything from our experience its be honest when a manager/owner asks if everything is okay.

2  Thank James29673
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Well if you're new to Middle Eastern food, its great. If you're an old hand like myself and some of my friends, we'll we like a little more. First off the falafel is great, but it's easy to confuse the sandwich with the appetizer. The appetizer doesn't come with any bread, in fact a lot of the appetizers don't. Everything should come with bread and hummus, those are staples. And little jars of olive oil to add to the hummus should be standard. The cocktail menu lists some 'Moroccan' drinks, but they don't drink much in Morocco, so they should just have a standard cocktail list. They were pretty weak when I was there. I think they should specialize in a few drinks and do them really well. The appetizer plate for two is a good deal because you get to try a little of everything. They grape leaves were good, but they'd be better warm. Other diners were eating their kebabs with relish so I assume they were good. Good BabaGanoush and the 'Pastek' I think it was...looked delicious and made me wish I had gotten one. I think the food may be a bit better at Pita House but the atmosphere at Habiba is waaaay better. Very friendly owner and staff.

Wednesday evenings from 530PM on, ask for the French club which meets in a back room and has a short lesson then conversation. All levels welcome!

The also have hookahs, but I quit a few years ago.

1  Thank capnconrad

Been to Habiba? Share your experiences!