“Overpriced!”

Grill Marks
Ranked #16 of 935 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual, sophisticated dining atmosphere. Great music and an open air feel.
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

Went there with my wife and son. $35 plus tip for 3 burgers, 3 colas and a very small fry. Everything is a la carte, $1.25 for a piece if cheese, and I thought Fuddruckers was expensive. The burgers were just okay and the fries were nothing special. I will not be going back.

Joe F, General Manager at Grill Marks, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for your feedback Mark. Our custom blend of Certified Angus Beef is never frozen and is of the highest quality.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My burger is always cooked perfectly, and I love that they have so many types of burgers. It's a nice variety, but you can definitely build your own. The sweet potato and truffle fries are so good. If you're going with multiple people, the three way option is the best choice. That way everyone can sample a bit. Kind of pricey for a burger, but well worth it.

I often have trouble choosing a burger myself. Thank you for letting us know how we are doing.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for lunch and were not disappointed. Sat curbside and being 1st timers, our server guided us through the menu and made great suggestions. I had the Firehouse Burger tasty with a hot grilled jalapeno kick ~ my wife had a beef hot dog concoction that was very good. Enjoyed an appetizer trio ~ all good. Place was friendly and trendy and we'll make it a regular stop in our plans when 'doing' Greenville.

Thank you for the kind words!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The people that own this place own Larkins on the River which has a nice gf menu, but the service there is spotty at best so we finally stopped going there during visits to the in-laws. Thankfully, the service at Grill Marks was very good, with our server going over the gf options, explaining what could and could not be prepared gf. There is not much on the menu that can't be made gluten-free which is not the case with most places in downtown Greenville (or many other places in the U.S., period).

About the food: the fried green tomatoes were much too 'cornmealy' for us, but the dip served with them was great. The burger is not grilled on a grill (as another posted noted) so there are no grill marks on the burger. The burger was fine, but nothing special. The gluten-free bun (I think Udi's or French Meadow Bakery) was fine and did not fall apart. The 'fat' fries were delicious! The gluten-free cobbler was not good at all...not sure why they don't have a good gf flour for it since there are many available now. The bread part of cobbler was very dry and didn't have a good flavor at all and there wasn't nearly enough of the fruit part. It's nice to have a gf dessert option besides ice cream or creme brulee, but I doubt gf foodies would order the current version of the cobbler twice. They have regular and dairy free ice cream available as well as gluten-free beer. Good place for families, very friendly staff and nice overall vibe.

Thank you for the feedback on the cobbler. We have changed our recipe and now have less dough and more filling. Our current cobbler is peach and rhubarb. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

The hubs and I went to Grill Marks last night for an impromptu Sunday supper. They never disappoint on the size and taste of their burgers....absolutely spectacular!.....enough to feed two if you are not really hungry. But, the "threesome" is always what I look forward to. Three different sides of three different kinds of fries with sauces to match. SO GOOD! They are all good. The adult milkshake had Kahlua in it and I made no waste of time drinking it quickly. It was delish! The hubs had a delicious fresh strawberry shake which was also very good. We both really enjoyed our burgers and fries and milkshakes outside watching all the people go by on their way to a concert at the Peace Center. Sidewalk café eating makes for interesting people watching and sometimes fun impromptu casual conversation. This place is a keeper and great addition to the downtown Greenville restaurant scene.

Joe F, Manager at Grill Marks, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thanks for the positive feedback! It's always great to hear!